• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What's in a name? A lot if it's Muhammed.

Holy fvck....I am wounded.....someone please send bandages, I am forfeit of pride, I am at a loss for witty comeback. You Sir, are awesome, and a credit to your parents.
Please refrain from lambasting me, your tongue is razor sharp and I quiver in fear at your robust and vicious put downs.

Thick cvnt.

Oh, dear. Couldn't help yourself from replying. Obviously not in the least bit bothered. Care to try again?

You surprise me. The MOD figures for numbers of Muslims in the Army in 2015 was 480. They were concerned it was a low percentage.
Army wants to recruit more Muslims

There were 20 Muslim recruits in 2015 so maybe that's where the figure came from.
A FOI response was
FOI Number of Muslims serving in Army
I have the total number then in the Army as 445 according to a MoD response to a FOI request, with Muslim recruits in the years 2014 and 2015 shown as 20 for each year.

The size of the regular army in 2015 was 83,360. The proportion of Muslims in the UK is said to comprise 5% of the population. On that basis you would expect the proportional number of Muslims serving to be around 4168.

I have the total number then in the Army as 445 according to a MoD response to a FOI request, with Muslim recruits in the years 2014 and 2015 shown as 20 for each year.

The size of the regular army in 2015 was 83,360. The proportion of Muslims in the UK is said to comprise 5% of the population. On that basis you would expect the proportional number of Muslims serving to be around 4168.
Only if you include infants, old people and females.

OP. Your link answers your question as to why Mohammad and all variations of it is the most popular boys name in the UK.
Imagine if 'John' for example; was spelt multiple different ways, according to regional differences in dialect for instance.

Only if you include infants, old people and females.
The proportions remain the same. 5% of the population equates to 5% of the serving age population. (Discounting any statistical bias which, I suspect, would reveal that the Muslim population contains a higher proportion of younger ie serving age cohorts)

The proportions remain the same. 5% of the population equates to 5% of the serving age population.
That's not the way it works. The demographics for each group are different as are the socio-economic classes and the cultural aspects.

Having said that Sandhurst currently has a number of female Muslim officer cadets.

Holy fvck....I am wounded.....someone please send bandages, I am forfeit of pride, I am at a loss for witty comeback. You Sir, are awesome, and a credit to your parents.
Please refrain from lambasting me, your tongue is razor sharp and I quiver in fear at your robust and vicious put downs.

Thick cvnt.

Feel free to use this

afraid.gif

That's not the way it works. The demographics for each group are different as are the socio-economic classes and the cultural aspects.
That would represent a small statistical plus/minus difference. As I said in my previous post, that difference would probably reveal the Muslim community to have a higher proportion of young who would be in a position to enlist. You're welcome to drill down into this.

Exactly the point at issue.

The socio-economic classes would not be that different from those of the host community, especially as far prospective rank-and-file recruits are concerned.

That would represent a small statistical plus/minus difference. As I said in my previous post, that difference would probably reveal the Muslim community to have a higher proportion of young who would be in a position to enlist. You're welcome to drill down into this.

Exactly the point at issue.

The socio-economic classes would not be that different from those of the host community, especially as far prospective rank-and-file recruits are concerned.
Don't need to drill down. I used to work in DM(A) so I know Muslims are under-represented in the Forces.

I know a Muslim called Richard (he converted so he could marry his wife).

Should I let him know that’s he’s been incorrectly muslimafied?

Latest Threads