• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What's in a name? A lot if it's Muhammed.

It's my understanding that there's no direct translation, it's a phonetic variation due to a different written script, and you're only allowed 99 goes at it anyway. No different to Jack, Jock or Jacques really.

It's my understanding that there's no direct translation, it's a phonetic variation due to a different written script, and you're only allowed 99 goes at it anyway. No different to Jack, Jock or Jacques really.
A bit like Ian, Ivan, John, Euan, Ewan, Johann, Jean, Jan. All the same name.

You can stop miscarriages simply by not telling parents whether it's a boy or a girl?

That's impressive...
Forced miscarriages
I can tell you didn't grow up or ever live in a multicultural city. You are David Cameron and I claim my five euros

Or 'abortion' as they're known by everyone else...

I can tell you didn't grow up or ever live in a multicultural city.
Slough's quite multi-cultural. There's at least a couple of Catholics where I live now too.

You are David Cameron and I claim my five euros
There's nothing to claim. No way Cameron would have lasted five minutes as a New Ferry ACF AI. Think on.

CplFoodspoiler

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I spot a trend here. I read a few posts on page 1 and skipped to page 11 (again)

ONS info:
There were 696,271 live births in England and Wales in 2016, of which 49% were girls and 51% were boys.

That's a lot of boys but how many were named Mo?

The Arabic is محمد but transliterated into Roman script it can have many variations. There 99 names for Allah.

FFS, have you never heard of a djin?
Djins are spirits. Sihr is magic. It's a thin line between superstition and religious belief. Djins are an integral part of Islam whereas sihr is seen as heresy and people like IS will execute you for messing around with that.

Fun fact, the Arabic word for mad is 'majnoun' which literally means to be possessed by spirits.

Djins are spirits. Sihr is magic. It's a thin line between superstition and religious belief. Djins are an integral part of Islam whereas sihr is seen as heresy and people like IS will execute you for messing around with that.

Fun fact, the Arabic word for mad is 'majnoun' which literally means to be possessed by spirits.
like rum and vodka?

Noah? How dare those Christian immigrants name their kids after someone in their holy book of make believe.
Noah is a Muslim name as well as a Christian one. I bet no one has figured that into their stats!

Are you stupid? Racism IS based on race ...
Indeed. The problem is we have been conditioned to say racism when we mean bigotry or discrimination.

There is a school of thought which is actually taken seriously by people who should know better that only white people can be racist.

It's funny to see stuff about Muslims having large families, I seem to recall the same thing said of Catholics as well.

Must some religious "not bagging up" conspiracy to out breed the rational..
Not at all. As explained in Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, Catholics have a child every time they have sex. Just like you Prods.

Latest Threads