Whats happening to Rheindahlen ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Outstanding, Aug 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Closure dates announced - but what is going on now?
  2. When ?
  3. For those without LCCSR/DII access:

HQ ARRC (early move): Innsworth - mid 2009
    HQ ARRC (planned move): Innsworth - mid 2011
    1Sig Bde: Possibly Cosford - late 2012
    102 Log Bde: Possibly Cosford - late 2012

For those with access:

4. Ha!

MODWeb blocks the link! And that's on DII!!!

Crap system...

OK, now on the home page, where do I go next?
  5. What normally goes on there Outstanding?? :?

Absolutely **** all so what difference does a move make?

6. NATO: Military Bases

Mr. Curry: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what plans he has to move NATO joint headquarters from Rheindahlen to RAF Innsworth; and if he will make a statement. [147239]

5 July 2007 : Column 1137W

Mr. Bob Ainsworth: The Innsworth site is one of several options being assessed as a possible UK base for the Headquarters of the Allied Command Europe Rapid Reaction Corps, currently based at Rheindahlen, Germany. A final decision will not be made before this autumn, and a move would not take place until 2009 at the earliest.
  7. I was always frightened of Rheindahlen, - therefore I do not dare ask!
    From Lippstadt and Detmold it did look and sound fierce!!
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I hear that RAF Innsworth was closing.
    Having been at Cosford numerous times (Where my trade does it's training)I dont think there's the room for a Log Bgd unless it's on the airfield side...
  9. I don't think Innsworth is closing, its home to the Joint Casualty and Compasionate cell, which was flooded out earlier in July
  10. Seen it. Read it. Don't believe it. polititions, cnuts.
  11. Well it is definitely happening as it will save this Govt money they have already committed to other projects. Real question is a case of when and with what consequences, seems that ARRC are not happy about the move and thats the problem.
  12. I heard that ARRC not keen on moving as it will disrupt their multinational balance etc. Guess they will simply have to do what the big man says. I know that the German authorities are already informed and quite relaxed about it, although they will lose lots of jobs, I guees they get back ahuge chunk of real estate and an operational airfield at Elmpt. (RYANAIR look in!) there has been no official briefing to families or personnel, just adrip drip effect of snippets of info, so that no-one can say they weren't told!
  13. Anyone know what is happening to 101 Pro Coy?
  14. Best guess (if it stays around) is that it will move to either Innsworth/Cosford or Herford. Either way it will have to leave JHQ