What's happened to the 3rd Eddy Nugent book?

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Arthur "Two sheds" Jackson, Mar 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does any one know of a release date for the 3rd Eddy Nugent Book? IIRC it was going to cover an operational tour to Bosnia/Kosovo/FR Yugoslavia?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Aye I'm hoping to get a copy before I deploy after easter.

3. Hope this isn't a "wah" but who's Eddy Nugent?! My curiosity has the better of me!

4. The main protagonist/writer's pseudonym of the books 'Picking Up the Brass' and 'The Map of Africa'

5. http://www.arrse.co.uk/naafi-bar/36691-convoy-riggers-book.html

I hope you can search Amazon better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I've just read (and even paid for!) the first two off Amazon - thank you both of you - I dont think I've read anything as funny in my life. people both in my office canteen and on the train think I'm a loony for sitting there in front of my kindle with tears of laughter streaming down my face. ('Skiddy' Mcdaid...I was on the floor laughing...'are you going to tell me where they are, Mcdaid, or do I have to go fishing??').
    cant wait for the third, and I'll be buying it the day you publish.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Just bought both of these for the Kindle; suspect I'll read them on the iPad at work.

8. I hope the 3rd one gets out soon. I've just finished reading the two on my iPad/ kindle

9. My grandad has just started reading them, I'm quite worried that his rose tinted version of HM forces is about to be destroyed!

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

10. Just bought and read both books. Superb stuff, a real insight for those of us that didn't sign up in the 80s.

As a working (part time) author I can sympathise with Convoy and Riggers lack of time (and sometimes motivation) to write. Please keep going gentlemen, it's excellent stuff.

11. Well thats my holiday reading sorted.

12. Just finished both books - very very funny.

Asked Waterstones (today) if anything new was due out, unfortunately - no, not yet.

If the man himself is browsing these pages - any news on book 3, I need to know what the Bosnia installment has???

13. Yeah, I need something to read on holiday now as I've finished the second one

14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

bump - any danger of seeing the third one anytime soon? just reread the first one and still laughed as much as I did the first time.