Whats happened to Political Sleaze?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by LordVonHarley, Jan 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I was growing up I remember the Tory's being the masters of headline sleaze, Autoerotic asphyxiation, rent boys, high class whores, back handers, affairs, illegitimate children. They may have been a bit cr@p at their job's but they made up for it in entertainment value. Once caught they would publicly shamed and told to stand in the naughty corner until things calmed down.

I feel a bit let down by Labour as after ten years they still have not got the hang of sleaze. Cash for questions is one thing, cash for honours is just taking the p!ss. Labour seem to lack the style of the Tory's, John Major knobbing Currie raised an eyebrow, Prescott knobbing his PA just turned stomachs.

I'm not condoning Political Naughtyness but can we please have a scandal that does not make the population weep with embarrassment. A Video of
    Blair being done up the hoop by his wife while dressed as an SS Officer would be nice.

What would be your ideal "Sleaze Story"?

2. Broon and Swiss Des caught roasting Jacqui Smith on the cabinet table by the Queen on a surprise visit/tour of the place. If doesn't turn your stomach hardly anything will. Certainly provide more than enough fodder for the Scum and other red tops.

3. Oh the possibilities!

Tony Bliar, Mandelson (I can't be bothered to find out if this is the correct spelling for that fecker) and Broon in a Daisy Chain with the Brazilian boyfriend taking photos.

Oh and Swiss Tony tied to a gyno table dressed in a leather gimp suit for "afters".

However I rather suspect that the first bit is true anyway :twisted:

4. Is that why Mendez got slotted?

5. I couldn't possibly comment - was any camera ever found?

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It was merely a good day to er, bury bad news/risks. He went for a walk in the woods, so-to-speak.

7. The quality and entertainment value has definitely gone downhill A case of 'flings not what they used to be'.

Sorry.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just extend that security barrier, say make it 14 foot tall and entirely surrounding the building. We could easily sell it to the Honourable Members (spit), 'coz we know how careful they are of their own safety.

Once it's completed, all we have to do is move the machine-gun mounts to the other side of the tower and hey presto, the nations woes are halved at a stroke!

8. On reflection the Tories were much better - breeding y'understand.

The Hamiltons lesbian rape saga had some real potential - pity it was all made up.

Cash for Honours - how very Lower Middle Class and naff to boot!

9. Cash for peerages FFS? Good God, they probably have to buy their own furniture too...

10. Rape and bukkake I'll have you know! Mental images of Christine Hamilton sitting on that girl's face dominated my w@nk bank for weeks afterwards.

Edited for chimpery.

11. How can Labour ever match ............ The Profumo Affair.

Christine Keeler, John Profumo (Sec State of War) and a Russian spy in the middle of the Cold War.
    [​IMG]

12. I think LVH hit the nail on the head with this one - proper sleaze requires a bit of background and breeding. Anything else is simply criminal - and worse - common. Or just plain bad taste - The Jeremy Thorpe - Norman Scott sordid little episode springs to mind.

And Bukkake - you'll just have to excuse me a minute - I have nip out - unscheduled meeting you understand :oops:

13. It also requires some back bone, Profumo resigned from politics and cleaned the loos for a charity until he was forgiven for his love tryst. I think Politions lack the morals of former statesmen.

14. I would go further LVH, todays politicians are just lacking. Professional political cadres generate mediocrity. Look at the FSU FFS! as someone wittily remarked the other day, we are going through the same process as the Romans did to end up speaking Italian...

15. You are on a different topic now -now we are on to the "Doing the right thing, honourable (not Honours!) etc" Also you made a slight mistake in the above - Polticians lack morals - period.