whats happened to marching ?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Since 1967 I ve been marching for nurses pay, anti this pro that chuck the government out save the miners save the nhs stop the poll tax. Give empty houses to the poor ,stop wife beating stop the ring road and so on and so forth.
However it looks to me that the youngsters of today wont go on a good march whys that do you think?

As for me my body is knackered I cant even march to get me pension now .

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Get hijacked by loony left anarchist Marxist terrorists.

Since 1967 I ve been marching for nurses pay, anti this pro that chuck the government out save the miners save the nhs stop the poll tax. Give empty houses to the poor ,stop wife beating stop the ring road and so on and so forth.
However it looks to me that the youngsters of today wont go on a good march whys that do you think?

They need some training from the French.

syrup

LE
Did some marching when I was younger

Mostly at high speed into the bosses office with a helpful NCO shouting time.

You're right it solved nothing usually left me out of pocket or working my evenings pot washing

Did some marching when I was younger

Mostly at high speed into the bosses office with a helpful NCO shouting time.

You're right it solved nothing usually left me out of pocket or working my evenings pot washing
The last time I did that sort of march was when I poured some tea from my mug on the grass.
I got told it wasn't the behaviour expected from an NCO and got fined £0.50p
No that's a mis type, it was £0.50p.
Must have cost more in paperwork,
Otherwise I don't think I've felt strong enough about anything to bother marching, especially knowing it wouldn't change a thing.

Troy

LE
They are a waste of time and effort. Totally old-hat.

Does anyone out there think; "Oh wow there's a march going on" ? Rhetorical question. Of course they don't, they say; "oh for gods sake another fecking march!" Bloody nuisance thing.

Before Covid and the lockdowns, can you name just off the top of your head, ten marches or demos/rallies whatever you want to call them? What's that you say, you can't name ten? OK how about just five? No of course you can't, and neither could anyone these "marches" are aimed at. Like politicians or the media, because they just don't care enough about them.

Do I give a sh!t when some march or other in mentioned on the news? No I bloody well don't. And I bet that people who encounter these during their normal day are pissed off with the nuisance they cause. They would be better to do something useful like picking up litter or cleaning graffiti.

Maybe if just for once, and I do mean only once, they actually tried something different. Very different from all the other marches. Such as doing it on roller skates. That might work and if not then at least it might be over quicker!

Last time I marched it was in "support of fox hunting" (I was actually there to support all field sports, but that was the theme of the day). All I got was a kicking from some coppers.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

Marching is bad for you then.

Last time I marched it was in "support of fox hunting" (I was actually there to support all field sports, but that was the theme of the day). All I got was a kicking from some coppers.
I've never been to a march as they are a waste of time. Also fox hunting is cruel as hell and those that partake in it are a bunch of twats. If Karma existed - the people that hunt foxes should/would be forced to go into a bear infested forest and smeared over with bacon, then a hungry bear could hunt you down and rip you to shreds. I bet after a few of those events you would be marching to get that banned and think it was cruel. I would just laugh and say "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".

The most effective march/ordely demo I remember seeing that had the desired result was in Germany when the wall was still up, and we were facing of at Ivan the first time around.

The German government were threatening to amend the law around firearms ownership. Fahsunds of German firearm owning hunting types turned up in Bonn wearing their posh hunting garb. They all wandered around demonstrating waving their firearm certificates telling the politicians that if they voted for the change in legislation then come the next election they would be voted out. After the demo they all went off for a civilised beer and schnitzel. The demo totally unexpected surprised the politicos and the law never changed.

There's no need to go on a march when you can show your virtue by adding an overlay to your social media avatar to show you care

anglo

LE
I've never been to a march as they are a waste of time. Also fox hunting is cruel as hell and those that partake in it are a bunch of twats. If Karma existed - the people that hunt foxes should/would be forced to go into a bear infested forest and smeared over with bacon, then a hungry bear could hunt you down and rip you to shreds. I bet after a few of those events you would be marching to get that banned and think it was cruel. I would just laugh and say "what's good for the goose is good for the gander".
How do you feel about fishing, where the fish gets a big hook through its top lip

How do you feel about fishing, where the fish gets a big hook through its top lip.........
............or even when with hundreds of its family and friends, are caught in a BFO net, dragged screaming and fighting for breath, out of the water, dropped through a bloody big hole of the deck of a factory trawler, and in their death throws, have their head chopped off, and are gutted, and flash frozen....... I mean, its just not cricket old man!:eek:

Having been close to several different sorts of protestors at G7 I suspect you smelt better in your day. The 'new age' protestor is usually white, young, middle class and lacking in any sense of personal hygiene. The women stink especially bad!

How do you feel about fishing, where the fish gets a big hook through its top lip
If you're going to kill the fish and eat it, I'm fine with that - however I find catching a fish, dragging it by the mouth via a hook into an environment it's not used to and then handling it and lobbing it back into a river all for a bit of fun.....well TBH I find that a bit cruel and unnecessary if I am honest. Why?

I quite liked a bit of a march back in the day, especially if it was sunny, bimble down to T Square a few verses of "free nelson mandella" and into the pub for 7pm. Mind you I was wearing a big hat and getting paid time and a half

anglo

LE
............or even when with hundreds of its family and friends, are caught in a BFO net, dragged screaming and fighting for breath, out of the water, dropped through a bloody big hole of the deck of a factory trawler, and in their death throws, have their head chopped off, and are gutted, and flash frozen....... I mean, its just not cricket old man!:eek:
I couldn't give a flying F

Slime

LE
There's no need to go on a march when you can show your virtue by adding an overlay to your social media avatar to show you care

Yes, that’s proper hard core devotion and commitment.

Having been close to several different sorts of protestors at G7 I suspect you smelt better in your day. The 'new age' protestor is usually white, young, middle class and lacking in any sense of personal hygiene. The women stink especially bad!
OT but there's a march/vigil/demo or whatever they call it outside Mossmorran gas plant just now. I've a good mind to tip up and pretend I am "one of them" to see if there are any fit birds that I can fire into, however most likely they will have scabies and lice and probably also have bad breath and armpit hair so I might not be attracted to them close up. I bet you some people do this kind of "bird pulling" for a laugh though and tell the birds after they have been shagged they are not lefty loonies, just so they can watch them go mental.

Latest Threads