Whats going to happen with Op Tosca with 40 Sigs ???

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by colin2k9, Oct 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If the T.a is shut down for 6 months what's going to happen to the trainning for Tosca with 40 Sigs ?? Can anyone enlighten me?

Colin.

2. I wouldn't be surprised if the MOD sacked our commitment to TOSCA.

3. wouldn't surprise me one bit ... But alot of people will be Pis*sd off about it ..

4. least of all the regs who will have to do it as well as everything else.

5. Its Ops.

It's probably OK.

6. Not least those that have already gone through the mobilisation process. Will be a bit of a shock to be told your sunshine tour has been binned and your off to Afghan

7. First things first... we've not been shutdown yet....

8. well, they get to become a squadron and try to steal the name of "the north irish horse", it's taken already.

9. Op Tosca is going ahead. I'm going as part of the MFR and the training plan unchanged.

10. All being blown out of proportion, TA at large certainly not be affected as badly as everyone is making out, we're already making in year savings through reduced MTDs, training and smaller T&S budgets. For operational commitments and units earmarked to support them, I would be hugely surprised if there were any change since this would require further expenditure in both providing regular troops to task and reallocating the original unit e.g. 40 Sig Regt. Now all calm down :-D