What's Going on with The Weather???

I might be missing something here but if the temperature inside your house stays pretty much constant, despite changes in outside temperature, that suggests it is pretty well insulated? Insulation works both ways.
Cool in the summer is relative. 40C outside and only 28C inside but that's more to do with the awnings and windows shades. . Winter though is 24C outside but 15C inside and you can tell the difference.

Cool in the summer is relative. 40C outside and only 28C inside but that's more to do with the awnings and windows shades. . Winter though is 24C outside but 15C inside and you can tell the difference.
I take your point, I was thinking more of the thick walled buildings and caves in the Med that are near constant temperature all year round.

It's just been on my mind recently when kids keep walking into my room saying they are cold and asking if they can keep their coats on because they are cold. They won't accept that their coats are keeping them colder than taking the bloody things off in a hot room.

26 degrees and bright sunshine in Malta today. BBC Weather app forecast 18 degrees and rain! At least they got the wind right. But then it's always windy in Malta.

Still, can't complain. It's better than being in Pissing Down Poole.

Pssst. The Greeks had a word for it - it's entomology.

But you raise an interesting point. The weather on the Isle of Wight is unseasonably warm for December - 14C. But it p*ssed down with rain today as well. Can we blame Brussels?

But
I’d blame these horrible little fuckers myself

1544114604176.jpeg

For well over a week now here in Barcelona it has been........weird. Really warm, pretty much zero precipitation, almost windless at 'ground' level although clouds ( and not that many of them and not threatening either ) higher are usually moving at a gently brisk cruising speed. I saw a caterpillar yesterday ( have photo will post if ever off ROPs), asked an etymology whizz I know how this was possible and his reply was unseasonable warmth...exactly. Arrsers are all over the globe...it'd be interesting to see just how 'localised' this climate condition actually is. Are you experiencing unusual weather for the time of year?Pics, stories, anything that would get people reaching for the 'informative' button.......
The weather is as normal , no change, no global warming , all`s well.

Sincerely

POTUS

For well over a week now here in Barcelona it has been........weird. Really warm, pretty much zero precipitation, almost windless at 'ground' level although clouds ( and not that many of them and not threatening either ) higher are usually moving at a gently brisk cruising speed. I saw a caterpillar yesterday ( have photo will post if ever off ROPs), asked an etymology whizz I know how this was possible and his reply was unseasonable warmth...exactly. Arrsers are all over the globe...it'd be interesting to see just how 'localised' this climate condition actually is. Are you experiencing unusual weather for the time of year?Pics, stories, anything that would get people reaching for the 'informative' button.......
No.

Nice 12C in East Hampshire going up to 13C later on this evening. Slightly pissing down.

Door and windows open.

Be nice if it stayed this way for three months.

House is bloody freezing though and it’s warmer outside than in. Dunno how that works!

I believe a good benchmark for assessing when winter in the UK officially starts - is when @jarrod248 makes his first 'heart warming stew' and puts the log fire on.

Winter this year in the UK therefore officially started in the last week of July.

Summer? I wish.

November to April: Winter
April to May: Spring
May to November: Autumn

Only difference is the temperature of the rain varies a bit.

Welcome to Scotland.

Live 9 miles north of Brummigum. The weathers always shite 365/24/7.
Bah feckin umbug.

Blame the 1,989,100,000,000,000,000,000 billion kg unmissable ball of hellfire that currently has big feck off coronal hole splitting the disc in half...and facing earth every month...since September

The "Galactic Gash" in question..

Figuring out how these 600km/s solar winds may affect Earth's meteorology is happening, slowly.
We should go back to feeling minuscule and unimportant in the big picture of it all knowing that very clever clogs are on the job, Hopefully not spending too much effort listening to people who would rather find a way to tax us for the sun being...the sun.

How the Solar Wind May Affect Weather and Climate - Eos

Gareth Chisham - British Antarctic Survey

There is a reason ancient cultures worshipped the sun, Its the boss.
It still is, so go and enjoy raising a sacrificial whiskey before the mighty Phoenix....or Santa ain't coming!

Phoenix Corona Over Senja, Norway
Taken by Adrien Mauduit on November 11, 2018 @ Medfjordvær, Senja, Norway

Taken on Armistice day too ;)

SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

Weather here is normal - cold and drizzle. Morning temperatures varying between zero and 6, no real frosts yet. Is the vino collapso affecting your perception of the weather Ciggie?

A big hole in the ozone layer would make **** all difference to the local weather anyway. It's the equivalent of saying "My ears are cold so I can't have had a kebab for dinner".
Donna kebab?