What's Going on with The Weather???

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
For well over a week now here in Barcelona it has been........weird. Really warm, pretty much zero precipitation, almost windless at 'ground' level although clouds ( and not that many of them and not threatening either ) higher are usually moving at a gently brisk cruising speed. I saw a caterpillar yesterday ( have photo will post if ever off ROPs), asked an etymology whizz I know how this was possible and his reply was unseasonable warmth...exactly. Arrsers are all over the globe...it'd be interesting to see just how 'localised' this climate condition actually is. Are you experiencing unusual weather for the time of year?Pics, stories, anything that would get people reaching for the 'informative' button.......

well in Belfast
Its pissing (shocker)
Its freezing (shocker)
so no big holes in ozone layer above us weather just normal

Depending on who you ask it's all the fault of;

Thatcher
Brexit
El Nino
Gays
Immigrants

(I feel sorry for any gay Immigrants called El Nino Thatcher)

Weather here is normal - cold and drizzle. Morning temperatures varying between zero and 6, no real frosts yet. Is the vino collapso affecting your perception of the weather Ciggie?

so no big holes in ozone layer above us weather just normal
A big hole in the ozone layer would make fuck all difference to the local weather anyway. It's the equivalent of saying "My ears are cold so I can't have had a kebab for dinner".

Here in my part of Ontario autumn never took place in the normal seasonal sense, went from summer to shïte, no transition. The ground is so waterlogged I now reside in a swamp.

Rain, wind, and temperatures between freezing and about 7 degrees C.

So yes, unseasonably mild.

For well over a week now here in Barcelona it has been........weird. Really warm, pretty much zero precipitation, almost windless at 'ground' level although clouds ( and not that many of them and not threatening either ) higher are usually moving at a gently brisk cruising speed. I saw a caterpillar yesterday ( have photo will post if ever off ROPs), asked an etymology whizz I know how this was possible and his reply was unseasonable warmth...exactly. Arrsers are all over the globe...it'd be interesting to see just how 'localised' this climate condition actually is. Are you experiencing unusual weather for the time of year?Pics, stories, anything that would get people reaching for the 'informative' button.......

Pssst. The Greeks had a word for it - it's entomology.

But you raise an interesting point. The weather on the Isle of Wight is unseasonably warm for December - 14C. But it p*ssed down with rain today as well. Can we blame Brussels?

But

Ciggie

On ROPS
On ROPs
Incidentally, all likes, funnies etc from me, to say nothing of an Australian lorryload of 'informatives' will be given as soon as I can. Very interesting so far....I have a mate who lives in New Mexico and he had snow recently...other mates in Michigan aren't complaining much this year which is rare....

A very unseasonably warm couple of weeks in London town, after the most cracking summer since 1976.
I am bracing myself for the inevitable backlash of a harsh winter.
Makes a change from the drab lack of seasons we have had for the last few years.

Every year here everyone says "It's lovely weather for December. I don't remember it like this last year" until I point out we had the same conversation last December and the one before.
We have some neighbours that come out every December and always reckon the weather is marvellous.
October and most of November was shit though. Floods (especially up in Ciggie's neck of the woods) and thunderstorms but then eases off.
The expats and winter visitors from all over the northern bit of Europe will be on the beach on Christmas Day as usual.
Shame the houses here aren't built as well insulated as other places. 24C outside today with clear blue skies but effin; freezing inside the house. Still, it stays nice and cool in the summer.
Off to UK in a fortnight on our way to Barbados. That'll be fun, thick woollies for the stopover in Gatwick and then break out the shorts and T shirt for the Caribbean. Then have to do it in reverse a fortnight later.

Shame the houses here aren't built as well insulated as other places. 24C outside today with clear blue skies but effin; freezing inside the house. Still, it stays nice and cool in the summer.
I might be missing something here but if the temperature inside your house stays pretty much constant, despite changes in outside temperature, that suggests it is pretty well insulated? Insulation works both ways.