What's different about this SA80 A1?

tiv

War Hero
Enlarge the picture, compare with the rifle on the right and it does indeed have a bipod.
Yes, before the split group issue arose, the LSW bipod was originally attached to the gas block and folded forward under the barrel and before that backward to lay in recesses in the fore grip.

Only Jesus saves - you of all people are supposed to know that.
That didn't wash on the range. It's like saying I don't need a helmet because I have the helmet of faith.

Look's more like extreme Airsoft/Re-enactment/Waltism all rolled into one
You can't begin to understand what Extreme Airsoft is. You weren't there, man.
I've seen grown men reduced to weeping wrecks when a BB pellets started coming their way, water bombs were going off and Waffen SS re-enactors started dropping like flies.

Last edited:

4(T)

LE
This image was taken from a wall in Le Marchant Barracks in 1985. The weapon that the radio operator isn't holding has a pistol grip that looks like it's from an XL 60, the magazine housing doesn't have the bulge and the barrel seems longer (it has no bipod so not the LSW variant}.

View attachment 444192

IIRC that is copied from an early 1980s recruitment photo, which also appeared in pamphlets and posters. The rifles are early prototype SA80 from Warminster trials (XL70Esomething).

Most of the kit in the photo was trials as well - boots, helmet, radio.

"Future soldier", but still with shirt, hairy...

Camm1

LE
Its a 'Still' taken from the video made during the visit of the Chuckle brothers. The brothers took part in a chucklevision section attack during a fire power demo on Warminster training area in 1984. Paul who insisted on bringing his own gat, can be seen bellowing to Barry the Radio op, " To me, to you, to me, to you, to me, to you"

Christ's what?...Its a concept, nothing more....by the way....he's dead, died some time ago....get over it...he -she-it aint coming back any time soon.....EVOLVE.
You're going to look mighty silly when Christ returns to establish a new Heaven and a new Earth, and He calls the righteous (such as myself) to sit at His right-hand side.
Where will you be? In Heaven, or in the smouldering pits of fornication and degrading filthy sexual sin? Repent and accept Christ into your life. Do it before it's too late.

You're going to look mighty silly when Christ returns to establish a new Heaven and a new Earth, and He calls the righteous (such as myself) to sit at His right-hand side.
Where will you be? In Heaven, or in the smouldering pits of fornication and degrading filthy sexual sin? Repent and accept Christ into your life. Do it before it's too late.

vanity, one of the deadly sins,.... you're going down my son!

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
"The righteous and the saved shall ascend to Heaven, where they shall live in chastity and temperance, living only to sing hymns of praise to the LORD our GOD.

While the sinners and the wicked shall be cast into the pits of Hell, where there is nothing but drinking, gaming, and fornication with beautiful women of easy virtue."

Oh Death, where is thy sting?

"The righteous and the saved shall ascend to Heaven, where they shall live in chastity and temperance, living only to sing hymns of praise to the LORD our GOD.

While the sinners and the wicked shall be cast into the pits of Hell, where there is nothing but drinking, gaming, and fornication with beautiful women of easy virtue."

Oh Death, where is thy sting?
If God is just, you would more likely be drinking Lambrini gnat piss and fornicating with Dianne Abbot on hot lava. Save yourself from that while you still can.

Latest Threads