Whats best for hardening feet?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by kayak8889, Apr 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered what views anyone had on harding your skin on feet?
  2. 1. Drink 2.34 litres of your own piss
    2. Rub your own excretments on your chest
    3. Superglue all your toes and fingers together
    4. Have a pop at assasinating geoff goon :D

I would say that would do it :wink:
  3. surgical spirit - soak your feet in it it, and run it into the parts other sprits can't reach.....

A Para once told me that the best way to harden them was to p@ss on them! - But then again........
  4. Boots + miles = hard feet
  5. Masterbate all over your feet and have a small animal lick them dry.. give it a go!
  6. Well the more wwear you give em the tougher they will get.
  7. .. Walk barefoot on hot coal
  8. and I thought I was the only one :D
  9. Put in the miles

Or surgical spirit
  10. Lots and lots and lots of tabbing! (But don't forget to smile!)

Everyone's feet are different, and respond to different treatments and/or levels of abuse. I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to worry too much. BUT - the more you air your skin, the easier it is for it to harden up. If you always leave your footwear on, you don't stand a chance.

There's not much you can do during the daytime, but if you spend long hours sitting at a desk, slip your boots/shoes off. No-one will notice, and your feet will love you for it. In the evenings in your block, go bear-foot or just wear flip-flops. And don't mince about in soft shoes or trainers when you could be wearing decent hard footwear to help keep your skin hard.

If you still have a problem, speak to an experienced medic. They will probably have had to give advice to many a sorry-faced limping cripple as to how to avoid blisters again.
  11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Take a leaf out of Shaka's book, he rid his army of sandals and had the parade ground liberally strewn with nkunzuna, Devil Thorn.

His regts then had to stamp these thorns, (which look like caltrops,) out of sight. Those that held back had their skulls caved in by the executioners.

It worked for him, don't you just love real discipline ?