Whats App message retrieval.

Morning all,
Apologies if it's been covered somewhere else,dunno whether I'm even on the right forum/thread, but with the excrement hitting the olympus turbines at present I've not got chance to root around.

I have two recordings (serious stuff) sent to me on my Whats App account last oct.
I forwarded them at the time to another person who has tried to retrieve them off her new phone via a reset as per instructions, but come up blank, literally.
I have the sent messages (blurred) showing on my account, but can't access them because they were sent from my old phone (destroyed by fire, yup) late last year.
I don't want to perform a WA retrieval reset as per instructions and lose all trace, as daughter has just done.
Any help achieving retrieval of these two recordings from you experts out there would be of huge significance.

I obviously can't go into specific details on an open forum, but there are serious implications for a child's welfare if these two recordings can be presented to the appropriate authorities.

Thanks in advance.

964ST

War Hero
Why do you not go to the „proper authorities“ with the information you might!!?? have that may affect a child’s welfare?

Why do you not go to the „proper authorities“ with the information you might!!?? have that may affect a child’s welfare?

What he said, plus all Police forces have IT experts who can retrieve most things from devices. If it'`s as serious as you say, I'm sure they will jump at the chance to assist you.

Halfway through the process, it's a very complicated affair.

There are incredibly delicate reasons why the evidence has to be presented to them in a way the authorities can legally act.

Morning all,
Apologies if it's been covered somewhere else,dunno whether I'm even on the right forum/thread, but with the excrement hitting the olympus turbines at present I've not got chance to root around.

I have two recordings (serious stuff) sent to me on my Whats App account last oct.
I forwarded them at the time to another person who has tried to retrieve them off her new phone via a reset as per instructions, but come up blank, literally.
I have the sent messages (blurred) showing on my account, but can't access them because they were sent from my old phone (destroyed by fire, yup) late last year.
I don't want to perform a WA retrieval reset as per instructions and lose all trace, as daughter has just done.
Any help achieving retrieval of these two recordings from you experts out there would be of huge significance.

I obviously can't go into specific details on an open forum, but there are serious implications for a child's welfare if these two recordings can be presented to the appropriate authorities.

Thanks in advance.
According to WhatsApp Help Center - How to restore your chat history there is a chance your daughter may be able to recover the messages using a File Manager app if the whatsapp database still has the backups.
However, the best bet is to contact whatsapp direct and explain your situation. Contact WhatsApp

Thank you and @shiny_arrse for the steer...
We've tracked down the dead but intact original phone containing the received messages(they still play on this device) after an 80 mile round trip this evening.
It's hopefully saved a load of techno grief, the other type of grief now is being dealt with.
Thanks once again.

Latest Threads