Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats all this Stealth Camping lark?

Never had that, just a norgie that still wreaks of cofftea and a broken plastic ladle.
I'm afraid that Mrs. G wouldn't approve. She insists on the mess silver and fine china - natch.

ETA Thank f**k we have a 110 Station Wagon, we can just squeeze the dog in amongst the accomodation and catering equipment.

I'm afraid that Mrs. G wouldn't approve. She insists on the mess silver and fine china - natch.

ETA Thank f**k we have a 110 Station Wagon, we can just squeeze the dog in amongst the accomodation and catering equipment.
You with a white jacket and I think you are almost there.

Never had that, just a norgie that still wreaks of cofftea and a broken plastic ladle.
You've been fed range stew? On a range? Without a hay box? How can that be possible?

Range stew (in my experience) should always be followed up with trays of still frozen jam donuts that the SQ man has brought up on the SV as well, cleanses the palate of whatever slop you just forced down :mrgreen:

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
range stew, loads of floating tinned tomatoes

wheel

LE
I,ve never called it or heard it called stealth camping before. But I sometimes decide to stay on the hills overnight. Peace and quiet. I leave nothing but footprints and take nothing bar memories and maybe a few photographs.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Today the penny dropped. Its bloody lockdown innit .' Cuase im locked in i watch loads of the bushcraft stuff on you tube as an escape . I was very interested in survival when inthe T.A. and had a very decent kit, so much so that when the Foreign legion turfed me out (after two weeks ) when the cpls saw my kit we had a chat and they didn't ffuck me about as they did the other lads getting their stuff back .

Mind you i cant think where i can get flint from in my area nor beech barck as they are rare in this geography .

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I,ve never called it or heard it called stealth camping before. But I sometimes decide to stay on the hills overnight. Peace and quiet. I leave nothing but footprints and take nothing bar memories and maybe a few photographs.
Thats a quote from the stealth camping sites on you tube .

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Often have a night out if I am on a downer, I suffer a bit from anxiety (Not forces related) came from nowhere about 3 years ago. I often go out for walks at dark o clock and chuck bivvy bag in, old german army meths stove and a tin of big soup. Its the way of the gods, and Mrs RM gets it totally, I am not up disturbing her as she is up every day at 05:45. It is not about being depressed and that at times, it is the freedom and fresh air that is the cure for this world. Take your phone by all means but keep it switched off in a ziplock.
Gentlemen (and Ladies) try it, especially if you have not roughed it for a few years............You will love it.
Completel agree, the great outdoors is the finest 'clinic' ever! Mother nature is there to be enjoyed in all her glory. The older you get the more fascinating she becomes but only if you are out and about.

Troy

LE
What is the recipe for range stew?

tinned stuff, obviously.
Minced beef & onion, potato, peas.

plus a fag butt, the odd fingernail clipping or three and a piece or two of a polystyrene cup, IIRC?
This is so true..

Even now many years later, if I ever make a round of teas for people at work. I'll say; "Drink it slowly, I've lost a plaster somewhere," With a little hand gesture to show, look, no plaster. Amusing to see the looks from people who haven't heard this before.

The full quote is "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time"

Doesn’t take anything away from the sentiment:
Bought right, eh @wheel ?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Often have a night out if I am on a downer, I suffer a bit from anxiety (Not forces related) came from nowhere about 3 years ago. I often go out for walks at dark o clock and chuck bivvy bag in, old german army meths stove and a tin of big soup. Its the way of the gods, and Mrs RM gets it totally, I am not up disturbing her as she is up every day at 05:45. It is not about being depressed and that at times, it is the freedom and fresh air that is the cure for this world. Take your phone by all means but keep it switched off in a ziplock.
Gentlemen (and Ladies) try it, especially if you have not roughed it for a few years............You will love it.

I used to do this years ago because I suffer from bi-polar disorder and have had chronic depression, but since the meds have settled and I've been on a number of treatment sessions I dont do the happy wander anymore.
Thats not to say that if given the chance i would turn down the chance for two days survival activities in Epping forest . oh its got to be in mid summer now as I m getting olde .

I heartily agree with your post , I remember wandering around the disused railway in Finsbury park and watching the weir in Waltham Abby . Smashing interludes.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
So advice from any policepersons on here, if one is stealth camping and possibly searched by a pC how do we get on with a geert big survival knife, an AXE and a roll of black nasty ?

Latest Threads