What's Aldershot like to live in?

I'm currently looking at moving and want to get more for my money which means moving further out from the London suburbs where I live currently.

I've identified Aldershot as a place where prices are that bit lower, but it's still not too bad to get into London and within an hour commute for my work.

The town centre is a bit scruffy but the general area seems fine, nice parks etc. I understand that with all the new housing being built on ex MOD land at the moment that the council will be pumping money into regenerating the town so future prospects seem good.

But, what's it really like?
Farnham is nice

Why Aldershot? Merthyr is the place to be, if you want low accommodation prices, interesting night life and cheap vodka. You make loads of new friend at bus station and have sexy fun time with mature women who won't press charges.

Edit: Merthyr will have clean water pipe supply system by 2021. You'll like very much.
don’t be dissing Merthyr look you! league table topping place innit.

highest per capita ASDA store sales of white socks and the lowest average age, 9, to take up smoking

daz

LE
I'd probably rather be in Maesteg than Merthyr (and clearly you mean Merthyr Tydfil rather than Merthyr Mawr, rather snobby but less Third World. Not to mention smaller).
That's like being asked to choose between the mess Webley and a firing squad :)

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs
Having not been back to the Shott since the 1970’s I have no idea as to what is what, but to all the detractors does North Town come under you shoit description? Went out with a lass from NT, from what I remember it was quite a nice place and far enough removed from the Globetroter etc to be on a different level?

kimmi851

War Hero
Farnham is nice
Farnham is an anodyne hellhole of pretension and Boden. It is the first stage of hell, the one occupied by bank executives and people who preach about the environment from beside their massive 4x4s purchased for driving around... Farnham. Because like in The Prisoner - no bastard leaves the place.

Having not been back to the Shott since the 1970’s I have no idea as to what is what, but to all the detractors does North Town come under you shoit description? Went out with a lass from NT, from what I remember it was quite a nice place and far enough removed from the Globetroter etc to be on a different level?
The 'Shot.

Not Shott.

. . . and stop bluffing . . .

Farnham is an anodyne hellhole of pretension and Boden. It is the first stage of hell, the one occupied by bank executives and people who preach about the environment from beside their massive 4x4s purchased for driving around... Farnham. Because like in The Prisoner - no bastard leaves the place.
I enjoyed living in Farnham and I did leave taking my Boden Blazer with me, I did sign the petition to exclude the prols from the town centre as the smell from the unwashed curdled ones artisan fig and gold leaf yoghurt.

Buying a house in aldershot? try it out first,

1 Leave all you property outside so it is stolen
2 Make lewd comments to your wife and children
3 Vandalise your car
4 Stand in your back garden covered in shit and burn all your money

What would Montgomery and Browning think of their barracks being turned into new houses?!
Or RSM John Lords parade square being demolished. He’d turn in his grave!

Buying a house in aldershot? try it out first,

1 Leave all you property outside so it is stolen
2 Make lewd comments to your wife and children
3 Vandalise your car
4 Stand in your back garden covered in shit and burn all your money
Now tell us about the disadvantages.

Latest Threads