What's a 'Private' in the REME called?

Discussion in 'REME' started by steveb1000, Jun 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks if anyone can help - I recently interviewed a forces mum for a local paper.

    She said one of her many sons/grandsons serving was the equivalent of a private in the REME but she could not remember the term.

    While he was in Afghanistan he worked on logistics and equipment.

    Can anyone help with the correct term? I can't find an obvious answer on the army website. If I put armourer, will that look stupid?


  2. Sorry, I meant if I put 'Private' will that look stupid. I am showing myself to be stupid already.
  3. Craftsman, IIRC.

    Abbreviated to Cfn.
  4. Craftsman I think
  5. Craftsman I know.;-)
  6. It depends on whether they've fixed your vehicle or not, Craftsman/Mate if they have or Cuntybollocks if they've fucked it even more :)
    • Like Like x 2
  7. You may call him "God"
  8. Default to cuntybollocks then
  9. The latter is used more frequently for the reasons stated...:)
  10. Demolition expert?
  11. That's just the Reccy Mechs apparently!
  12. Pond life?
  13. Sledgehammer Operative?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. According to the A Mechs, that'll be the B Mechs ^^
  15. Igor if its a Recce Mech