Whatever happened to the RPC?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Outstanding, Nov 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One day they were here, now they seem to have gone!

Who still remembers them - what about 144 Coy in Munster 84 and the Depot in Northampton?

2. Into AGC - merged with Provost as Underground SIB. Good at digging up evidence.

3. The only sight I have had of them is the guys in ARRC Sp Bn who still do a horrible job - bloody well!

4. Outstanding - they went on formation of the RLC. Have you been away for thirteen years? Those in the ARRC Sp Bn are, shock horror, RLC not RPC. But well done for raking over old coals. While on the subject, what happened to the SLR? Or STALWART? Or ACTIVE EDGE?

Bore off

5. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

What ever happened to Derek.

You know DEREK DEREK

6. But i think yopu all miss the point, the Truckies and Stackers, Cooks and Posties still retain to agreater or lesser extent a feeling of having been part of something else. That does not seem to have een the case with the Chunks who have simply become absorbed into RLC, more easily than the pther constituents. It is simply a bit of a shame as I remeber some good times with the boys back in Munster, guarding 50 Msl RA as we trundled all over NW Germany. I think that nearly all of those guys must be out by now?

7. a believe WEF 4/12/06 next week, the 'pioneer flash' will once again become an official embelishment for those personnel serving in 23

8. Heard so as well - either a good wind up or a bit of re identifying with their roots!

9. I thought the flash had been in for some time?

10. New CO in 23 soon - heard he is a bit different!?

11. Yes, officially the pioneer flash is allowed back on combat jackets only. In hours of knowinfg almost all the lads had them back on!

12. Do pioneer role subbies still do the infantry PCBC? We had a couple - excellent blokes.