• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Whatever happened to the LSW?

I've been wondering this for a while and as I'm not one of those inf types so I'm not really in the know.

I havent seen it around for a while and my curiosities got the better of me.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm an SLR bore, yawn.... The LMG, the 7.62 version of the Bren gun that we sometimes carried in South Armagh was actually a very good piece of kit. It was quite a bit lighter than the GPMG and very accurate. Shame that it was magazine fed really. I don't know how it would stack up against the LSW but I always had confidence in the LMG that it could do the job when I carried it.

I wonder why the LSW was off loaded on the crows, but the sharpshooter isn't?
Probably because the LSW is uncomfortable to patrol with however saying that the sharpshooter rifle is heavier and just as comfortable to patrol with, the sharpshooter with the night sight attached weighs in just under the weight of a gmpie, when i did my course and used it on exercise I was tempted to hold it over my shoulder.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably because the LSW is uncomfortable to patrol with however saying that the sharpshooter rifle is heavier and just as comfortable to patrol with, the sharpshooter with the night sight attached weighs in just under the weight of a gmpie, when i did my course and used it on exercise I was tempted to hold it over my shoulder.
At risk of askign a silly question, what was the course?

Cos the LSW don't look as good - pants reason I know as in the right the hands the LSW is very good at what is was designed for (a support wpn not a machine gun). Sharpshooter looks ally so crow don't get it.
Ha ha, spoilsport. I was hoping someone would come up with some spurious ideas.

As far as I can tell taht is pretty much the only reason. One looks ally as.

At risk of askign a silly question, what was the course?
No such thing as a silly question. For me it was 2 day classroom based on striping the weapon ect up to weapon handling then 4 days worth of live ranges and firing application including ACMT.
I think that it was a bit rushed though as they wanted to get people sharpshooter trained before exercise

Latest Threads