Whatever happened to natural selection ?

Start here:

Single mother of 12 children who lives at home with 10 of her brood some of who have "special and complex needs."

She also won't allow council access to fix the problems presumably as she wants a bigger house. Or two.

Morning @Blogg,
Clarke family? Addams more like.
Genuine question. Which of the older females is the delightful Ms. Clarke?

I didn't want to unduly upset the more sensitive souls on these hallowed threads.

However you are quite correct, it's just a matter of time. If I'm not already dead when it happens I will be within around 10 minutes of it happening which will be no bad thing considering the way billions of others will die.

Morning @Sam The Bam,
Charlie Frost walt.
Screenshot, as I don't know how to link.
Screenshot_20210511-150013_YouTube.jpg

At least it'll be quick for you;)

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Morning @Sam The Bam,
Charlie Frost walt.
Screenshot, as I don't know how to link.
View attachment 572428
At least it'll be quick for you;)
Search string 2012 Yellowstone erupts. Find link.
Next to insert link and insert picture, select three vertical dots. Select picture/movie icon (insert media).
Paste link.
Cheers easy.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The planet is over populated.
We don't have the means to spread out elsewhere through space at the moment.

So what needs to be done to reduce the global population to a sustainable level. Was Covid nature's way of a warning shot across the bows maybe?

Birth control in Africa and India for starters. Africa has the potential to be able to feed a large portion of the world if managed properly.
Look how much longer we are living, it’s not good to live longer in your 90’s, I’d rather have an extra 10years in my thirties.
The science of today keeps you barely alive and it costs more than just money.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Nature has plenty of other ways of culling populations other than viruses and pandemics. If Yellowstone Park ever blows, the resulting ash clouds could wipe out at the very least half the worlds population as a result of the sun being blocked out for decades.
Well can’t you Americans do something about it?
Damn it man we stepped foot on the moon 52 years ago and we are worry, sorry you are worrying about some park blowing up, sought it out ffs.;)

Look how much longer we are living, it’s not good to live longer in your 90’s, I’d rather have an extra 10years in my thirties.
The science of today keeps you barely alive and it costs more than just money.
In my 20's it was live fast, die young, be a better looking corpse.

In my 30's it was slow down, you might get hurt.

These days I'm resigned to dying in a puddle of piss and smelling of cabbages in my 90's.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

These days I'm resigned to dying in a puddle of piss and smelling of cabbages in my 90's.
When I finally reached thirty I was comfortable for the first time in my life.
I was happy in my work and at home, everything was tickety boo, and thankfully still is.
My early and mid twenties went by in a blur and a flash and were a bit of a struggle, things were falling nicely into place in my late twenties, I wouldn’t want to go through that again.
Cant see myself getting to 90, although parents still going strong in their 80’s.

At least it'll be quick for you

If it ever does erupt in my lifetime, our life expectancy where we live is around 3 minutes or less.

I hope to have a heart attack whilst in the throws of passion with a MILF

At the rate I'm going the odds lie in my favour

sorry you are worrying about some park blowing up, sought it out ffs.

Never said I was worried about it mate, hell I look forward to it happening if it finally shuts herself up.

I think the real purpose of the experiment was to improve profits for Monsanto out of crop growing in the 'developing world' through patents on seed genetics and creating a monopoly of supply.
There is alot of crap written about GMO - most of it utterly wrong.

A lot of non-GMO seeds have patents on them. Plus you have a choice. Plant a GMO that will thrive in arid conditions, feed thousands and bring a reasonable profit to the farmer (and the agrofirm at POS). Or plant a crop that has a 1 in 4 chance of failing in any one year - no profit for farmer, people die of starvation but the agrofirm will still have had its cash from the seeds at POS.

You just have to look at the saga of Golden rice. Should we go with the science and save 1/2 a million children each year from death, plus about the same from permanent blindness - or just scream about Frankenstein foods and then say that big business is killing thousands (god bless the Green Party)

So in summary, it's OK to carry on treating the planet like a hire car because we're bound to be creamed by an artic before we have to hand the keys back in.

china and india pay lip service to ecological pseudo sciences. The harsh reality is they really don't give a flying. Nothing to do with western hypocrisy, everything to do with the drive to economic dominance. I put it to you that recent history proves that the autocrat rulers of china only understand one language, grown up or not, and that is the language of force. The chinese have always laughed and western decadence and they are laughing still.
Even China is begining to wake up to the fact that they are totally screwing the environment. There was another thread on ARRSE about how toxic vast parts of China are, plus the book ‘Mr China’ mentions it (a bit out of date now). India is also beginning to play ball.

Climate change is anthropogenic in nature - the science is pretty solid with a very strong overwhelming scientific consensus on the matter.

I am no fan of Greta the Great - but the evidence cannot be ignored any more.

Bill Gates is often castigated by the moon howling conspiraloons for his plans - they mistakenly think that vaccines are deadly because he ’wants to depopulate’ Africa using them.

I don’t 100% agree with his plans, but there is alot of logic to them. Africa is cannot sustain current levels of population growth.

Healthy families produce less sprogs because if they are healthy they are more likely to make it to 21 - you don’t need to pop out 8 kids in the hope at least two make it to breeding age.

So if you get everyone to get their jabs then hopefully the increase in population will be reduced.

The other side of this is to ensure that the women get educated. The more educated the women are in a village the more successful the village is (apparently, another TED talk I listened to).

The down side of this is that we also need to stop the whackadoodle religious extremists (inc the Catholic Church) preaching condoms = bad. Oh and ensuring that the education actually takes - from others contributions on other threads on Africa on here I am not sure that is possible.

Even China is begining to wake up to the fact that they are totally screwing the environment. There was another thread on ARRSE about how toxic vast parts of China are, plus the book ‘Mr China’ mentions it (a bit out of date now). India is also beginning to play ball.

Climate change is anthropogenic in nature - the science is pretty solid with a very strong overwhelming scientific consensus on the matter.

I am no fan of Greta the Great - but the evidence cannot be ignored any more.

Yes China is leading the way to a green future by opening more coal fired powerstations than the rest of the world combined

Perhaps we should appease Greta by following their lead and beating them at their own game, reopen the coal mines and we'd be more green than China, and everyone would be happy