Whatever happened to Mike Golden ?

Having seen his ARRSEpedia entry, I can confidently forecast he's not one of life's high flyers.

If I had to take a guess at what he's doing currently, the three options I'd go for are:
  1. Unemployed
  2. Stacking shelves in a supermarket
  3. Taking a holiday at Her Majesty's pleasure
A tragic turn to his life after his brilliant start in the Parachute Regiment.

Wordsmith
At least he had a pop. I'd not be surprised if he's earning more than you in a ducking and diving or dealing kind of way....

Mike Golden represented a few weeks of fun. However, Jim Shortt was a bigger, funnier and even more unbelievable tosser. what happened to him ??

"You was one out of five recruites that got almost top marks in every aspec of parachute training......"

After stamping the commendation , Sir Jackson turns to his captain and says, " Wight, McCoy, my son, you 'old the fort, I'm off up the Smoke, the twins 'ave arst me ter read the eulogy at Violet's funeral..... "
He probably blinged some geezers well up later on as well.

Mike Golden represented a few weeks of fun. However, Jim Shortt was a bigger, funnier and even more unbelievable tosser. what happened to him ??
A lot of people with questionable military experience, questioned his questionable military experience. Lots of pictures of men in kilts and chocolate medals spread over hundreds of pages.
In summary, absolutely nothing happened.

Not sure what the status of the (dis) Honourable 'Peer' is re Arrse, my memory isn't always right, but I seem to remember something to do with M'learned friends, the Reichsfuhrer of Uberwalts and our COs...so I'm hedging by not mentioning him/it by name ( or alias, or whatever the fuck he goes by...).

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder if he's gone to the great close protection school in the sky. The IBA website is now a Jimbo free zone.

The Association

Although he was at the Russian posers Summer Ball in June of this year.

23rd Ball « Russian Summer Ball

Another comedy great bites the dust. We shall never see his like again, etc, etc....

Wordsmith