Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

Cleaned. If it goes all wonky again there will be thread bans and warnings, and I really do not want to be heavy handed here.

This includes any references to Ishtar, her name was mentioned as (perhaps) it was in keeping with the thread title, so for the avoidance of doubt, she has gone and will not be returning under that username.

Link for it? I've heard it mentioned.
You have to search for it ion Latin, just like his supposed sitreps to Bde Cmd.

Speaking of belters, can someone remind me, who was the Major I/C washing off skid marks and spunk stains who bullied his soldiers into joining here and then demanded they tell him their usernames to create his own little club of sycophants. Am I right in remembering he was an attendee at markintime's BBQ/swingers parties (and who can forget the "fragrant Sally"?)

Speaking of belters, can someone remind me, who was the Major I/C washing off skid marks and spunk stains who bullied his soldiers into joining here and then demanded they tell him their usernames to create his own little club of sycophants. Am I right in remembering he was an attendee at markintime's BBQ/swingers parties (and who can forget the "fragrant Sally"?)
He was a STAB prick.

I can't remember his original username but he did change it to Soroban.

Good spot: that horror reminded me of this little gem from 2006:

Firstly, His Immensness lectured us thus:

Agree absolutely with A S for all the forums the COs have created recently.

One of the problems for the COs is the fact that we all have free access to all the public areas of the site. I go blundering into the "wrong" part of the site e.g. NAAFI Bar with my own particular brand of Part Army / Part Civvy / Lots of TA attitude and it p1sses off (sometimes massively) original members like Aunty Stella, MDN and other top blokes* whose own particular brands of Civvy, Army, TA or whatever are different from mine. Same deal when a hardened forum warrior (or even just a pretend hardman forum warrior, no names, no pack drill) comes blundering into one of the serious forums and starts having a go, intentionally or otherwise. Without clearly defining what part is what, the potential for conflict is extremely high and - given the backgrounds and natures of the vast majority of site members - that conflict can be fairly savage in nature.

It gets worse when you throw in people who do not (yet) have a deep understanding of what Service life (past, present, reg or TA) is, was and ever shall be, about. Conflict here tends to generate the majority of private complaints to the COs from the "interlopers" and the "she said, he said" crowd tend to generate the majority of public rammies between ARRSErs of different backgrounds/motivations/interests. Including some I have had to apologise for to a few long-standing members.

I believe there was a clear demand for a site like RumratioN and I believe also that whilst we have not yet proven the demand for Rear Party per se (although I suspect the COs have got that one spot on) ARRSE itself needed to seperate out those members who were more suited to a site like RP so for the benefit of ARRSE there was a clear and obvious need for RP. I hope both the new sites are a tremendous success and I believe ARRSE itself will continue to go from strength to strength. A point of note is that a year ago when I mentioned ARRSE all the Officers around me looked embarrassed and changed the subject. Now I mention ARRSE and the conversation turns to, "Did you see that post by..."

There is, of course, still a degree of conflict between TA and Reg but in keeping with the One Army concept I hope the COs will keep Just TA on the main site ;)

Maybe it will help summarise my thinking if I observe that there's a good reason why there are 3 messes in any Army Establishment. And an even better reason why visits from any one to any other one should be kept to a minimum. Of course there is no rank on ARRSE as far as forum posting is concerned but perhaps we all need to recognise the clash of culture almost certain when posters from different backgrounds get in amongst each other. For my part, I am staying out of the NAAFI bar where posts are very public and where it is very difficult to recover from an ill-placed remark; quite an easy choice because it really isn't my sort of place anyway. I shall attempt to confine myself to Just TA, RLC and the other more serious forums and I will continue to visit Chat where it is easy to log out if you can't stand the heat, easy to recover from getting it wrong by the medium of pm and where I hope to continue meeting class acts like MDN, canteen_cowboy and co in an environment where none of us need feel threatened that someone is attempting to change "our view" of what ARRSE is.

To the COs - fabulous job guys, I hope the cash comes rolling in - TA Bounty only a month away, you will get a slice of mine.

*I have p1ssed off some complete choppers as well but I don't give a fcuk about them!
. . . after which, a post of bum-numbing tedium elicited this short and pithy response from Flashy (pbuh)

Fuck me, Abacus. You are duller than Battleship Grey. Back to the laundromat you go.

My only regret in life is the fact that I never received an invite to one of MITS swinging BBQs. Had this happened, surely it would have been a guarantee for a lifetime of fellating frolics from chubby matures. Absolute damn and blast.

My only regret in life is the fact that I never received an invite to one of MITS swinging BBQs. Had this happened, surely it would have been a guarantee for a lifetime of fellating frolics from chubby matures. Absolute damn and blast.
Not sure even scutters of that low discernment would have wanted Mackem DNA depositing in them. Even MIT Scutters had dignity!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

With respect, Woops, isn't that the sort of thing that Arte doesn't want infecting this thread ?

What ever happened to @Taffd ? Did he finally succumb to his disease? I haven't seen a post from him in simply ages. I thought he was trying to teach himself how to play the banjo, or something to make the wait less boring.:?

What ever happened to @Taffd ? Did he finally succumb to his disease? I haven't seen a post from him in simply ages. I thought he was trying to teach himself how to play the banjo, or something to make the wait less boring.:?
Ent ded yet, will update Tinman Walt thread shortly. Thanks for noticing.

Every time I've recorded my banjo piece it sounds shite but I'm hoping to do it as soon as some nails attain suitable length, a week or so.

I was just thinking that I hadn't noticed an opportunity to post for a while; needs a necessary trigger.