Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

I agree that that some interesting ARRSE members have disappeared and why they've gone.

However, I would suggest that perhaps a more robust form of moderation be utilised. For instance, certain site members follow each other around every fcuking thread hurling abuse and generally crayoning all over the show. This is in breach of the rules as written.

We know who the usual suspects are, so rather than have every single thread climaxing in the same old paedo/brexit/mother's boy nonsense, why not issue notices to the individuals, warning them that repeated offences will result in thread bans and/or permanent hoofing.

I'm all for free speech, but they're like pigeons playing chess. If you want a decent level of concourse, ban the worst offenders and those that are exasperated with this shite can return to the site.

I think the depression thread and others are useful in people who might be struggling and shouldn't be mocked. If you don't like it, don't read it. The army is trying to address the issues of PTSD and other mental illnesses and ARRSE is doing a similar thing. Yes, there's going to be some knobheads, but removing the stigma that comes with mental illness should be viewed as a good thing. Unless you're up for mocking the afflicted, at which point, stag on.

Oh and you are completely misguided in your loathing for the SLR. It's a superior weapon, except when you're doing SLR poky drill, at which point I will admit that it is spawn of the devil; although I will acknowledge that my experience with the L85 is limited to original models and its fantastic propensity to leave the working parts an inch from home after cocking, causing it to not fire.
There's the "poo poo" thread @The_Duke set up. Why not try to get the Mods to punt the continuous handbagging that way, with explicit threats of tyranny being applied if insufficient neck winding is displayed to meet required standards.

None of this, of course need be applied to me. I'm a very good boy , and all reprimands, telling off, and the rops were entirely not needed.

Much.

Edit : Fat tjumbs!

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had a stoppage due to sand clogging up everything. I couldn’t carry out IA drills because it was jammed. In desperation, I stood the rifle on its butt and stamped on the cocking handle, freeing the working parts.
Seen this done...Range Conducting Officer at Purfleet range, drizzly afternoon in the 80s.
I was more surprised he didn't blow his own hat/head off...Lt Cdr 'The Mighty Micro' Rex Tho*********.

Seasick as a dog everytime he went offshore, made up for it by being Guard Commander and Rifle Team wrangler.

Last edited:
I brought him up on this thread some time back. Something101 or similar. One of our cousins remembered him and the fact that the number related to a basic USMC course that he hadn't done.
This is the relevant thread you may be misremembering...

I believe you will find it was @SnagySnags who had been on an hunting expedition and posted his haul shortly after me explaining what what 0311 meant.

I did not remember him, only offered the slightest of hints that he may have been a walt in my passing mention of the relevant information.

I’ve seen HappyNomad go mong button bashing through my posting history during the early hours of the morning. He even posted it’s a good use of his time.

Its clowns like that which are trashing the site. Personally I’d bin the buttons completely. Maybe keep the positive buttons, but there’s a reason the majority of other sites don’t have negative rating buttons.
Have you all never considered that it's the easiest way for the site owners to follow which massive throbbing bellend is currently disagreeing with that other massive throbbing bellend?

Play nice. Invite them out for a beer

Spike it with LSD, shits and giggles may ensue.

...I have however, approached the site owners to have some of the main culprits' privileges revoked in terms of being prevented from mashing the "mong buttons"...
Return the BS button to everyone except O'Fibber. Restrict use of the BS button to only being able to BS O'Fibber while removing all button privileges from said fantasist.

The wibbling explodey head self pitying meltdown will be epically funny.

There is a minisule chance he'll actually straighten up and fly right with so much censure aimed at him.

If the buttons are being discussed, at the level of the site owners, then it’s worth pointing out they haven’t improved the site and it’s also one of the things that drags decent threads off topic.
I disagree. If nothing else, they've given the rest of us a heads up on the current state of the 'dance of the twirling handbags' going on.

They've also given the rest of us who can act like we're nearly grown up an opportunity to signal approval of a comment, without adding to thread drift.

Has anyone mentioned Emsav yet?

Maybe she‘s still around, she was the first person I ever put on ignore.

Or maybe her google finger wore out, and she ran out of things to say?
If that is the French lawyer, as far as I can tell she vanished from here about 3 years ago. I recall exchanging PMs with her a few times off thread. Sort of a lawyer to lawyer thing.

Kim74 was a slapper whose Arrse career largely consisted of getting increasingly angry about being called a slapper for being a slapper.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/kim-74-who-lit-her-jam-rag.166497/
It was a Joey deacon sock, just like his muslim fighter Afghan Kandak. You do know he's fcuking mental.

Baglock- aka chinooksdad aka sportingfirst aka scubafrog aka brianthemegaladon etc etc etc has the same MO. Fcuking mentalist and I suspect, all the same bloke.

This is the relevant thread you may be misremembering...

I believe you will find it was @SnagySnags who had been on an hunting expedition and posted his haul shortly after me explaining what what 0311 meant.

I did not remember him, only offered the slightest of hints that he may have been a walt in my passing mention of the relevant information.
He was a mega Anglophobe troll, he stated (although I found evidence contrary to this) that he is/was then a member of the USMC. He knew his history WRT US wars to certain a degree but was very selective with the information to ensure the Brits were labelled as incompetent and bad. His youtube channel is still up (changed it to Cpl Gadway USMC) but comments etc were disabled a couple of years ago since being outed. He orgianlly went by the moniker of USMCrifleman0311 I think. Complete throbber. He used to troll a lot of military forums too.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
I can imagine them screaming at the monitor, promising all manner of violence before taking out their inadequacies on their wife/dog/goldfish in a furious rage.

It's ******* great fun to watch.
I particularly enjoy threats to leave, furious deletion of posts and a short hiatus before skulking back as if nothing happened.

@Northern_Biff a recent example

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
My sexual libido has been turned down so low now that I don’t even get “wood” (erection) in the morning any more from a full bladder. That’s a fine how-de-do, isn’t it? Old age and grumpiness comes on apace. Nothing cheers me now except the sight and sound of an M240 at full chat.

View attachment 399311
Is it angry centurion man?

Seen this done...Range Conducting Officer at Purfleet range, drizzly afternoon in the 80s.
I was more surprised he didn't blow his own hat/head off...Lt Cdr 'The Mighty Micro' Rex Tho*********.

Seasick as a dog everytime he went offshore, made up for it by being Guard Commander and Rifle Team wrangler.
Isn't Purfleet a nature reserve now???

I disagree. If nothing else, they've given the rest of us a heads up on the current state of the 'dance of the twirling handbags' going on.

They've also given the rest of us who can act like we're nearly grown up an opportunity to signal approval of a comment, without adding to thread drift.
Removing button access from just.one partticular poster would stop a lot of scribble dribbling overnight.
No doubt he'll mong button this post. I'm genuinely wondering if he's actually the full shilling...