Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

Back on thread, sort of, I'm amazed half of us didn't end up dead at the hands of MumsNet deathsquads following the first round of hostile home invasions :p
Did you start the Center Parcs holiday thread where DH gets the wrong idea

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Back on thread, sort of, I'm amazed half of us didn't end up dead at the hands of MumsNet deathsquads following the first round of hostile home invasions :p
I'm safe, I married a MumsNetter.

Don't be bringing your shit and piss into this thread please. You've got your own thread in the hole.
The issue of mong buttoning was raised, the issue of mong buttoning was discussed.

ETA you'll never guess who mong buttoned this...

Last edited:
Agree with most of that.

Oddly I also support your views on depression, PTSD, mental illness etc. I've often thought however, the unpleasant side effect to most of these "noble efforts", is they draw the mongs and bandwagon jumpers, whose overblown sense of entitlement and self-pitying (in my view) discredits that effort somewhat.

You're also spot on in the few members who treat this place like their own personal relief from the boredom of their pitiful bedsit existence. Grown men in the 60s spending the early hours of Sat / Sun morning deliberately going through someone's posting history to negatively rate them to show how not bothered they are is, in my view, a combat indicator that life has somehow failed them (or vice-versa). The fact that they see no shame nor embarrassment in this speaks volumes.

...it also gives us (the normal folk, the silent majority, the 80%, call us what you will), that futile feeling that no matter how many ROPs / bans / warnings we've given these idiots in the past, they will simply re-register a new username and carry on normal jogging as they see absolutely no wrong in what they do.

The best thing by far is to ignore, but we also know that people are unable to do this either. I have however, approached the site owners to have some of the main culprits' privileges revoked in terms of being prevented from mashing the "mong buttons". Whether it is agreed, or works, both remain to be seen.

Finally, I believe your SLR memories are being viewed through rose-tinted glasses and if you were anything like most soldiers, you forget the dread of being formed up at the Armoury at 0430 ready to sit on the gap between two sets of seats on the back of the Bedford (ensuring maximum arse nipping), fearing for your life as the brakes hadn't been warmed up yet, inhaling everyone else's fag smoke, trying to shoot some heavy piece of shit I'm amongst torrential downpours, getting fucked around in the butts, between concurrent murderball activity, shortly before cleaning the bastard thing 6 times over whereupon the DS finally give up inventing bits of "dirt" you missed the first 5 times.

It's not the wankfest you remember. Trust me.
I'm truly impressed that you reached such a state of inebriation as to compose the above post, yet at the same time, remain mostly coherent.

I doff my cap to you, sir.
1bow.gif

Finally, I believe your SLR memories are being viewed through rose-tinted glasses and if you were anything like most soldiers, you forget the dread of being formed up at the Armoury at 0430 ready to sit on the gap between two sets of seats on the back of the Bedford (ensuring maximum arse nipping), fearing for your life as the brakes hadn't been warmed up yet, inhaling everyone else's fag smoke, trying to shoot some heavy piece of shit I'm amongst torrential downpours, getting fucked around in the butts, between concurrent murderball activity, shortly before cleaning the bastard thing 6 times over whereupon the DS finally give up inventing bits of "dirt" you missed the first 5 times.

That is mostly what I recall.

That is mostly what I recall.
#this is belonging.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've never done anything THAT brave.
Mumsnet (and Arrse) didn't exist when we married. She discovered and monitors the former, I discovered and monitor the latter. We each recognise the other's right to, and have long maintained a happy, easy truce. We're even happy to exchange dits. I've been known to post there on her ID to answer a question she knows I am an SME in. I've even told them I'm an Arrser.

I hope we keep the buttons to an extent, as it's good to know when there's a post that has sparked agreement or disagreement during a discussion etc. Plus, last few weeks, Snail has given me a few 'Funny' ratings so I'm still a bit giddy as a result :p
That little red Cross, the 'disagree' button... brilliant. It suggests an intellectual difference of opinion, without making a personal jab at the opponent and therefore promotes site harmony and probably world peace as well. Whoever suggested that was an absolute genius, a heterosexual god and all-round nice guy.

Must keep that one at any cost. :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've never done anything THAT brave.
You think that's brave? Try turning up at the pub to pick the wife up from a MumsNet drinking session wearing a Mr Potato Head Arrse badge! (This was before she told them I was her husband).

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Something I have requested previously.

I have certainly hit the mong button, but the vast majority of times I've done so has been in response to one execrable, prolific button basher.
Record number of hits I've had from home was about 35 on the bounce.

At about 0100...

I think @Brotherton Lad had about 40?

Remove that chods access to the mong button and the place would be a lot calmer.

I've mentioned no name, but he'll without doubt mong button this...
ETA. He has, the sad sack.Plus another five for additional pathos...
If he burned a calorie per button mash, he'd look like a Belsen escapee

Mumsnet (and Arrse) didn't exist when we married. She discovered and monitors the former, I discovered and monitor the latter. We each recognise the other's right to, and have long maintained a happy, easy truce. We're even happy to exchange dits. I've been known to post there on her ID to answer a question she knows I am an SME in. I've even told them I'm an Arrser.
It's because they are secretly, and subtlely grooming you to be their Manchurian Pervert... I mean Candidate.

it’s also one of the things that drags decent threads off topic.
The biggest cause of thread derailment is broken-brained mongs who can't help themselves but crayon their petty childish squabbles all over them.

So fuck off back to the poo-poo thread and take that SPotY cunt, B², and the other children with you.

If the buttons are being discussed, at the level of the site owners, then it’s worth pointing out they haven’t improved the site and it’s also one of the things that drags decent threads off topic.
I think the various meltdowns over them are highly amusing.

The biggest cause of thread derailment is broken-brained mongs who can't help themselves but crayon their petty childish squabbles all over them.

So fuck off back to the poo-poo thread and take that SPotY cunt, B², and the other children with you.
Talking of crayonnibg petty childish squabbles over threads.

Nice thread derailment.

The subject of obsessive mong buttoning was raised, and subsequently discussed.

Some quality meltdowns on ARRSE. It's like the final night of some pub where the regulars have been steadily getting on each others tits for the last twenty odd years, and it all breaks out on final drinkies.
I can imagine them screaming at the monitor, promising all manner of violence before taking out their inadequacies on their wife/dog/goldfish in a furious rage.

It's fucking great fun to watch.

Having been following this thread it's become apparent that members past, fall into two distinct categories:

1. Legendary swordsmen with varying degrees of Regular Army Service. Masters of put-downs, eloquent in the arts of embellished fables and borderline sexual perverts.

2. cnuts.

I was going to write a more descriptive explanation of #2 but seeing some of the names of past "members" (in every sense of the word) compels me to prevent their sharing any more of the limelight than they already undeservedly stole in the past.

Indeed, it is my firm belief the reason a lot of names from #1 are no longer with us due to those who fall into #2, and the site has become a sort of exile for old men with an unhealthy interest in politics, depression, alcohol abuse, small genitalia... and the SLR.

And it's not because those in #2 "won". At the end of the day you can only amalgamate so many clag-nuts around your hairy clacker before you just think "**** it - I'm having a shower later anyway".

Shame really.
My sexual libido has been turned down so low now that I don’t even get “wood” (erection) in the morning any more from a full bladder. That’s a fine how-de-do, isn’t it? Old age and grumpiness comes on apace. Nothing cheers me now except the sight and sound of an M240 at full chat.

Old Continental.jpg