Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

What happened to deverexwarrior. He appears to have deleted his account. He was Taff Plod somewhere in Wales and was posting up until quite recently on Police related matters.

NSP

LE
What happened to deverexwarrior. He appears to have deleted his account. He was Taff Plod somewhere in Wales and was posting up until quite recently on Police related matters.
I'm sure he posted a swansong saying it was getting a bit close to work and ArRSe colliding (as in, the management were closing in on the troops' social media-based griping).

I'm sure he posted a swansong saying it was getting a bit close to work and ArRSe colliding (as in, the management were closing in on the troops' social media-based griping).
That would make sense. Plod on social media has come under close scrutiny recently. Especially with journo's hunting around for a new anti police story.

That would make sense. Plod on social media has come under close scrutiny recently. Especially with journo's hunting around for a new anti police story.
That’s not like Dibble to fold when the going gets tough.

Donny

ADC
That’s not like Dibble to fold when the going gets tough.
Devex had a specific and quite unusual military career, elements of which were clear in his posts on here. I’m guessing anyone in his police force who wanted to, could join the dots, and that this was at least a factor in his decision to move on.

It’s a shame - he’s definitely one of the good guys, and I’ll miss his posts. Hopefully he’ll return in a less conspicuous form.

Devex had a specific and quite unusual military career, elements of which were clear in his posts on here. I’m guessing anyone in his police force who wanted to, could join the dots, and that this was at least a factor in his decision to move on.

It’s a shame - he’s definitely one of the good guys, and I’ll miss his posts. Hopefully he’ll return in a less conspicuous form.
He was the oldest on his team at work and said he was due to retire soon and hoped to get a job as Police Staff. Maybe he didn't want to jeopardize his chances.

I don’t doubt he did, many of us have, but if he was that way inclined and worried about repercussions then why join in the first place. If you’re going to join a social media site don’t leave a Hansel and Gretal trail to your true identity.

I do agree with you though, I’ll miss his posts as well.

Last edited:

I'd wondered if he'd returned: there's been a couple of new accounts appear in the last week and I thought perhaps one might be him. Though I suppose if the employers are being nosey, he might not be mentioning identifiers he was open about previously.

I don’t doubt he did, many of us have, but if he was that way inclined and worried about repercussions then why join in the first place. If you’re going to join a social media site don’t leave a Hansel and Gretal trail to your true identity.

I do agree with you though, I’ll miss his posts as well.

He disappeared just after the call for all bobbies to be re-vetted in the light of the Wayne Cozens conviction, there was a call especially by the MSM for all existing police to go through a through vetting, Where the money was to come from for such a task would be an issue I believe. However that MSM noise regarding existing police being re vetted has now gone quite and the MSM moved on to the next outrage

A wise precaution to bow out from Arrse

He will be missed as he was a sensible head in what at times is a sea of mongs. He contributed to the reasonably priced watches forum with great enthusiasm

Archie

He contributed to the reasonably priced watches forum with great enthusiasm

Archie
That's where they clocked him.

What's that? Ah, my coat...

Anyone know what became of Rumpelstiltskin? I had some PM conversations with him when he got back from Libya but then he went silent.

That may well have been the problem. The optics of a serving officer with a penchant for ladies trussed up like thanksgiving turkeys were not great in light of recent events.

Quite sensible to pop smoke until it calms down.

One of the perks of being a lorry driver is that behaviour/tastes like that are considered a traditional past time rather than distasteful

Latest Threads