Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I see @StBob072 hasn’t bothered to post in a while. I remember she said she was studying for an Open University degree in the History of Art a while ago so I’ve been looking into it. Thankfully, I’ve been an OU lecturer for about 16 years now and in the same way that mods here can read everyone’s PMs I’ve been looking into her tutor marked assignments:

Dear XXXXX,

Having marked your previous TMA it’s clear that you’re making progress. Here’s a summary of your latest assignment, which I hope you find useful:

Q1: While it’s true that Neolithic paintings predate early Greek studies in terms of aesthetics in the modern sense, your emphasis on the former rather than the latter, and in particular your crayon drawings to illustrate your point of “huge caveman cocks with all spunk coming out of them,” requires at least some academic focus and refinement.

Q2: It’s difficult to see how your claims that Julie, a classmate of some decades ago, being a “right slag” and “make-up whore” has any bearing on renaissance sculpture, even taking into account your Facebook links as supposed references. Also, the number of children she has and by how many fathers is also irreverent.

Q3: A tip here is to note the number of marks available for any question and to offer sufficient detail, explanation and unpacking to work towards those marks. Given the artist in question, and the 2000 words available for this answer, most art historians would consider that Rembrandt and his works is worthy of an evaluation greater than the single word “shite”.

Q4: Banksy is indeed just a ******. Full marks.

I've not been feeling too clever lately, but that made me chortle as you invariably do. :thumright:

Bumping from December, anyone know owt re. @armchair_jihad ?
He wrote of defending the Cenotaph last November, then I think, disappeared.
Anyone in contact with him?
I recall he worked in some far flung corner of the Globe familar to @smartascarrots?

Everytime I try to run a search it comes up with
'Oops we've run into some problems'

Story of my life.

Bumping from December, anyone know owt re. @armchair_jihad ?
He wrote of defending the Cenotaph last November, then I think, disappeared.
Anyone in contact with him?
I recall he worked in some far flung corner of the Globe familar to @smartascarrots?

Everytime I try to run a search it comes up with

Story of my life.
His profile page shows him as being on here last Saturday - https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/members/armchair_jihad.12843/ , last posted in September.

Every time I try to run a search it comes up with
You must be one of the site favourites to get a personalised response! :-D

Yokel

LE
@bernoulli has been missing for years. Also what on Earth happened to @ottar and a few others, like @msr?

What does happen to old ARRSE users to cause them to no longer be recognised by the system and preceding their user name with @?

@jarrod248 has been quiet of late. Maybe his predatory tendencies are keeping him busy. I know Collaton’s turmeric tea disclosure resulted in a fair bit of “yoo-hoo”.

Latest Threads