Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

Rab_C

War Hero
I'm not dead yet, though I did have a good stab at it.

Just finished cooking something from a new Japanese cookbook, shiitake mushrooms with garlic butter and soy, fresh pickled cucumber with fresh ginger, swung right to put something in the sink and put my right foot on a carrier bag that was on the floor.

Went down like a sack of spuds, landed hard on both kneecaps, smashed both toes, blood everywhere, partially collapsed lung, broken collarbone, dent in the noggin and more bruises than a duff bit of fruit at the bottom of a supermarket punnet.

Off to A & E on the 17th of July and finally released home yesterday evening, can just about walk a few yards at a time using an A frame but will have a team of carers in for at least the next six weeks.

Be careful folks, garlic butter is deadly stuff.
Sorry to hear about the accident and wishing you a speedy recovery, I’ll have to get my Asian food fixes elsewhere now.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Sorry to hear about the accidentand wishing you a speedy recovery, I’ll have to get my Asian food fixes elsewhere now.
Accident ?
Self inflicted injury.

On the food issue.
Mrs OS has started to cook Ramen noodles and things like Rendang.

I must say, its fecking delicious.
There’s a thread for that - let’s see some pics (of the Rendang, not your missus, obvs).*
* On the other hand..........

Just finished cooking something from a new Japanese cookbook, shiitake mushrooms with garlic butter and soy, fresh pickled cucumber with fresh ginger, swung right to put something in the sink and put my right foot on a carrier bag that was on the floor.

Went down like a sack of spuds, landed hard on both kneecaps, smashed both toes, blood everywhere, partially collapsed lung, broken collarbone, dent in the noggin and more bruises than a duff bit of fruit at the bottom of a supermarket punnet.

Off to A & E on the 17th of July and finally released home yesterday evening, can just about walk a few yards at a time using an A frame but will have a team of carers in for at least the next six weeks.

Ouch! I've had a broken collarbone years ago and that was bad enough on its own...

All the best for a full recovery.

I've a sneaking suspicion you're the cooking equivalent to that DIY expert Mr Bane. Glad you survived. All the best.

Kirkz

LE
@GrumpyWasTooCheerful doesn't seem to have been around this year.

As his avatar was an angry old coffin dodger waving a walking stick I hope he hasn't passed.

Grumps?
I seem to remember he got in a spat with someone and decided to ferk orf rather than just ignore whoever it was.

I seem to remember he got in a spat with someone and decided to ferk orf rather than just ignore whoever it was.
The argument was photography related I think.

poo_finger

Old-Salt
Whatever happened to MDN? Some of his content genuinely had me in hysterics over the years!

Latest Threads