Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

Good point, well presented. I'd hesitate to appoint Joker or BL, for the same reasons as AY.
Joker will live for years - his heart was merely malingering. Every third sausage he quaffed after denial to others added 2 weeks to his life expectancy.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Good point, well presented. I'd hesitate to appoint Joker or BL, for the same reasons as AY.
You are f'kin dead to me, you understand, f'kin dead!

Serious though - I reckon the powers that be recruit a few others who are 'suitable'.
For the record- I am NOT suitable.. too busy and too inclined to hold a grudge.

@The_Duke who once threw an action man with a parachute out of an upper bedroom window :)

There you go with your wild assumptions again... :p
Not so wild, it took PRT several gallons of cilit bang to clean his bezel

Serious though - I reckon the powers that be recruit a few others who are 'suitable'.
For the record- I am NOT suitable.. too busy and too inclined to hold a grudge.

@The_Duke who once threw an action man with a parachute out of an upper bedroom window :)
We’ve all launched action man with a carrier bag parachute, council house, three storey. Made the decent interesting

We’ve all launched action man with a carrier bag parachute, council house, three storey. Made the decent interesting
I know but THAT walting bastard stitched on a para balloon badge and got himself promoted to Colonel after doing so!!!

Kirkz

LE
I used to zip wire mine from the upstairs window to the birdbath in the front garden.
Got a right bollocking off my dad when I set fire to one with lighter petrol.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not so wild, it took PRT several gallons of cilit bang to clean his bezel
Was that what gave him the phantom cancer? Barry Scott should be told! :)

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Joker perhaps, AY maybe but seriously, that silly old senile soup server? really?
I'm not especially silly, nor old, nor senile, nor do I serve soup. Do you see where you are going wrong yet?

I'm not especially silly, nor old, nor senile, nor do I serve soup. Do you see where you are going wrong yet?
Of course your aren’t colonel, (old or senile that is:rolleyes:) & of course you don’t serve soup....

I believe the colonel do’th protest at tad too much.

Where you are going? It’s a fcuking mystery to most....

I want to know where all the mods have jumped ship to - and why the COs have subsequently left us exposed to significant risk of bellendary.

I think Mods need a new recruitment drive - not @Auld-Yin - as he's probably due to koofer it soon anyway - waste of training resources.

I propose @Joker62 / @Roadster280 for cookery forum.
@DavidBOC @Brotherton Lad @terminal For Int and serious threads.

Edit: @Truxx too for serious fora.

@Bad CO @Good CO
Thank you for the nomination, but I’m not sure there’s much moderation on the cookery forum required. It’s self-policing, and frankly, that’s what’s missing from some other fora. The political shenanigans of the last year or two have seen polarization of views, which seems to have begat just outright nastiness. I think that’s where the moderation has been lacking.

Parochially, I do think that the US needs representation on the mod team, but whether that’s @DavidBOC, @Sam The Bam , @SOCALSapper, @Effendi, @Steamboat, @Ruckerwocman, self etc doesn’t matter so much as moderation of those with blinkered anti-US views, especially when they lack the life experience to comment on either/both sides of the pond. Same could be said for Canada, though @Guns was a canuck-focused mod. Now he‘s gone/hamstrung from posting by his job, us west-residing folks are unrepresented. Cutting to the chase, @jumpinjarhead flounced because of that kind of negativity, and the Colonel was in general a balanced poster. Not a great result for Arrse.

Dunno, but I do miss the Arrse of old. I posted a wind up a couple years back about BAOR being resurrected, and @Auld-Yin’s comment of “Excellent, a return to classic Arrse” was about the best compliment I could have received. I wish there were more threads that just take the piss out of ourselves, not ”the other side”, no matter who that might be.

Kirkz

LE
Thank you for the nomination, but I’m not sure there’s much moderation on the cookery forum required. It’s self-policing, and frankly, that’s what’s missing from some other fora. The political shenanigans of the last year or two have seen polarization of views, which seems to have begat just outright nastiness. I think that’s where the moderation has been lacking.

Parochially, I do think that the US needs representation on the mod team, but whether that’s @DavidBOC, @Sam The Bam , @SOCALSapper, @Effendi, @Steamboat, @Ruckerwocman, self etc doesn’t matter so much as moderation of those with blinkered anti-US views, especially when they lack the life experience to comment on either/both sides of the pond. Same could be said for Canada, though @Guns was a canuck-focused mod. Now he‘s gone/hamstrung from posting by his job, us west-residing folks are unrepresented. Cutting to the chase, @jumpinjarhead flounced because of that kind of negativity, and the Colonel was in general a balanced poster. Not a great result for Arrse.

Dunno, but I do miss the Arrse of old. I posted a wind up a couple years back about BAOR being resurrected, and @Auld-Yin’s comment of “Excellent, a return to classic Arrse” was about the best compliment I could have received. I wish there were more threads that just take the piss out of ourselves, not ”the other side”, no matter who that might be.

Where's the tyranny when you need it?

Was that what gave him the phantom cancer? Barry Scott should be told! :)
Is phantom cancer survivors stick together, however females performing sexual acts because they believe things on the internet are sad.

PRT had a decent run, dolly, lumpy. When I say decent I mean for a man of his age any hole is a goal, the white chargers that flew out to protect the reputation of said female users was hilarious, it even makes @Oddbod @Mr_Fingerz and MIT look clean.

Sheer poetry

You trying to be a poet are you? What university did you master in English at?

Can you condense all that into a Haika?

Thought not
Wigan wanker
Nailed

:)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I generally work on the principle of "no news = good news".

I bet you were one of those kids who, when the teacher asked "who wrote fuc on the blackboard in wax crayon?", shot his hand up and shouted "not me".
You have an attacking form of interaction which fails to take account of my emotional needs. You git.

Latest Threads