Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Fucksake are you on the wine gums early today?

ETA: Of course you're two hours ahead in Effrica aren't you?
Nope, I'm on the dop in your exalted EU.
Two days until I return to sun, fun and the most corrupt government outside of Westminster.

Whatever happened to JJH? I miss random, civilians calling him "colonel" and shouting out "semper fi" in a quivering falsetto whilst shooting watery semen across their reeking bedsits.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Whatever happened to JJH? I miss random, civilians calling him "colonel" and shouting out "semper fi" in a quivering falsetto whilst shooting watery semen across their reeking bedsits.

If nothing else, at least we know who finds this post "funny" ...

The_Duke

LE
If nothing else, at least we know who finds this post "funny" ...
It is funny. Life long civvies (and not forgetting the bloke who managed a weekend or two of TA PARA before jacking) going on about the loss of “The Colonel” as if this place would fold is hilarious.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
It is funny. Life long civvies (and not forgetting the bloke who managed a weekend or two of TA PARA before jacking) going on about the loss of “The Colonel” as if this place would fold is hilarious.
I'm sure there are a few "wannabees" but it doesn't really do to put words into people's mouths based on something they may or may not have said five years ago.

I see no sucking up on the thread which seems to have hilariously changed its name, just disappointment that a genuine (i.e. honest) person has been insulted to the point where he's had enough.

The_Duke

LE
The site is full of people - honest and otherwise.

It was set up for British army, but given the number of genuine ex military driven off by the site morons in recent years I find crocodile tears over an ex USMC person deciding it is not for them entertaining, in a sad way.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
The site is full of people - honest and otherwise.

It was set up for British army, but given the number of genuine ex military driven off by the site morons in recent years I find crocodile tears over an ex USMC person deciding it is not for them entertaining, in a sad way.
I understand about the "crocodile tears" and "sucking up" things. But that is down to the individuals who behave in that manner.

Not the fault of JJH, I don't think he courts responses like that.

@scalieback
@History_Man

Crash and Turkey

I know Crash from years ago when he transferred from NZ and more recently we both covered Turkey, albeit he lived and worked there as a diplomat. As some of you know, he's rather ill and unlikely to be posting much in the future, sadly. As I think he revealed, Stage IV metastatic melanoma got him and he's undergone extensive surgery and radical treatments. I caught up with him recently; his study is straight out of 221b Baker Street; Victorian to the nth degree and surrounded by thousands of books, assorted bladed weapons and antique guns, as well as paintings and antique navigation instruments.

Crash is marmite (or given his Austral background - vegemite) which certainly affected his career in the RAF. He seemed to have found his niche in the FCO. But it's sad to see him in such a state at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are a few "wannabees" but it doesn't really do to put words into people's mouths based on something they may or may not have said five years ago.

I see no sucking up on the thread which seems to have hilariously changed its name, just disappointment that a genuine (i.e. honest) person has been insulted to the point where he's had enough.
He's still around. He was posting yesterday; unless I've missed something more recent.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Don't ever remember the military being so full of fannies.

Not being funny but since when did any ex squaddie become so sensitive about every tiny single little thing they read? Someone they don't know no longer posting?

Proud to have served? My arse. I vividly remember being ashamed of being a squaddie for the first 12 years of my service at least. Going out on the pull, when asked what I did for a living... Virtually anything (even unemployed) was better than admitting I was a soldier. It was a guaranteed cock block.

I also never remember any of us debating fucking politics 24/7 either. And being called a cock / turd / cunt... Meant we probably were.

It's about time people who contribute to this site start thinking about what it was set up for. Because I'm pretty sure it wasn't for half the shite that's posted these days.

Latest Threads