Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I suppose the approach to which you allude in your first paragraph of apparently using a relatively small sampling to then extrapolate to an entire universe of people that I assume was both large and "diverse" in the sense of those having or not having those personal characteristics used in passing judgment on the sample could be used in a similar fashion to "classify" all civilians (those without any military service) on the site as obnoxious and snarky.
I was actually talking about calling out a few alkie has-beens on FaceAche, not the entire British Army based in Germany but hey ho. Someone's always going to be outraged about something I guess.

And it was in the NAAFI so people should really just take it with a pinch of salt, like your good self.

PS, I hate civvies. That includes my parents.

And Lionel Blair.

I was actually talking about calling out a few alkie has-beens on FaceAche, not the entire British Army based in Germany but hey ho. Someone's always going to be outraged about something I guess.

And it was in the NAAFI so people should really just take it with a pinch of salt, like your good self.

PS, I hate civvies. That includes my parents.

And Lionel Blair.
I am my dear fellow. My post was drafted in a true spirit of whimsy and, my favorite, irony. I don't do FB except for my old SF unit link up so I do not know the particulars of the posts that have caused such a kerfuffle but I was simply moved to chime in after seeing some of the most recent posts--not yours--that seemed to want to resurrect the matter, apparently (one can often be unsure trying to fathom motive, attitude, intent etc. In these fora) at the expense of my fellow traveler @Sam The Bam. My post was solely to add a different perspective that might encourage some posters to be a bit more temperate in their postings in future.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I am my dear fellow. My post was drafted in a true spirit of whimsy and, my favorite, irony. I don't do FB except for my old SF unit link up so I do not know the particulars of the posts that have caused such a kerfuffle but I was simply moved to chime in after seeing some of the most recent posts--not yours--that seemed to want to resurrect the matter, apparently (one can often be unsure trying to fathom motive, attitude, intent etc. In these fora) at the expense of my fellow traveler @Sam The Bam. My post was solely to add a different perspective that might encourage some posters to be a bit more temperate in their postings in future.
JJH. Have you received a blow to the head?

You need to stop upsetting your SWMBO :rage:
My dear fellow after 47 years of marriage (about 45 of them happy), it no longer requires any action on my part. I suppose it is a sort of Preventive Maintenance scheme She has developed.

My dear fellow after 47 years of marriage (about 45 of them happy), it no longer requires any action on my part. I suppose it is a sort of Preventive Maintenance scheme She has developed.
:D Ah your SWMBO has a preventive maintenance scheme as well. Do you also get the evil/stink eye looks from her and on asking why the look, she replies you'll do or say something to earn it I'm sure.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
My wife has the same approach and takes the view that I'll know what it's for even if she doesn't.

ACAB

LE
Abuse of moderating facilities would be an example of weakness akin to a noodle-armed BAOR veteran entertaining his more experienced brethren at the monthly breakfast club meet with dits about how tricky it was doing drill with an SLR and preventing his puttees from coming loose during boot runs.
Hoi, less of the 'Noodle armed' knobber!!!

:D Ah your SWMBO has a preventive maintenance scheme as well. Do you also get the evil/stink eye looks from her and on asking why the look, she replies you'll do or say something to earn it I'm sure.
It appears our beloved spouses attended the same psywarfare course.

It appears our beloved spouses attended the same psywarfare course.
I think it's just the way they are hard wired, though I have come to the conclusion a long time ago that a few of those wires start coming loose from a very early age. It's either that or there was a mistake on the original blueprint drawings.

I think it's just the way they are hard wired, though I have come to the conclusion a long time ago that a few of those wires start coming loose from a very early age. It's either that or there was a mistake on the original blueprint drawings.
I have already said far too much on this dangerous topic. I am keeping schtum.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What is this "Brexit" of which you speak?

Writing as an innocent colonial lad, would one of you kind gentlemen please explain it to me?
Quotes, graphs and relevant images would be looked on kindly.
You haven’t heard of Brexit? YOU LUCKY LUCKY BASTARD.

That's what a career consisting of German lager and exercises on Soltau can do to a man.
Only if you fail to move on. I can still give you the grid reference of the gap in the strip wood where you could expect to get ambushed as you came over the tank bridge over the obvious candystripe.

Fuck. Time for a Herforder.

Latest Threads