Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I avoid the feeding frenzy type threads, but many of the so-called decent threads are now dominated by either insulting, repetitious 1 line Ad Homs or Dissertation length replies that are on endless repeat.
Will it improve if Brexit ever gets resolved? I doubt it!
That right, blame Brexit..... :wink:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
He didn't really flounce - he moved into another job where contributions to Arrse may not be looked upon favourably.
Think he suggested he may look in now and again but not participate.
The price of some jobs I guess @RCT(V)
The answer would be to refrain from posting from work and not giving your employer access to all your private accounts and passwords.

The answer would be to refrain from posting from work and not giving your employer access to all your private accounts and passwords.
Certainly one way.

Though to be fair, stopping posting is another.
There's a lot of 'doxxing' goes on. My bro', just retired, Computer Architect in financial services studiously avoided any social media footprint. Witnessed a few folk on rather significant earnings marched out of their careers.

Certainly one way.

Though to be fair, stopping posting is another.
There's a lot of 'doxxing' goes on. My bro', just retired, Computer Architect in financial services studiously avoided any social media footprint. Witnessed a few folk on rather significant earnings marched out of their careers.
The only way to be sure and as much as I disagree with Crash - He is no dummy.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The only way to be sure and as much as I disagree with Crash - He is no dummy.
Or to continue with the "anonymous" nature of whichever social media site you enjoy, but only post apolitical, intelligent commentary using non-inflammatory language on serious subjects.
Just as I do.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Impactful statement.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
This thread gone quiet?

Bump.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Too much sh1te in the Brexit threads!
Sadly I think the Brexit forums have completely polarised our ARRSE membership and done the site no favours at all.

On the other hand, it has exposed a large number of members previously thought of as "good eggs", to be in fact politically obsessed bell-ends with no life.

Out of curiosity I've just been back through my own posting history and with the exception of a few posts on the Rugby World Cup thread and a couple of moderation bits and pieces, I've posted very little.

That said, I recall a couple of weeks ago mentioning taunting bandwagon-jumping alkies on FaceAche and someone on here took it personally for some reason, requiring much of the sand blowing out of his fanny as a result.

Oh well.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That said, I recall a couple of weeks ago mentioning taunting bandwagon-jumping alkies on FaceAche and someone on here took it personally for some reason, requiring much of the sand blowing out of his fanny as a result.
Result !

Toppet

Old-Salt
Sadly I think the Brexit forums have completely polarised our ARRSE membership and done the site no favours at all.

On the other hand, it has exposed a large number of members previously thought of as "good eggs", to be in fact politically obsessed bell-ends with no life.

Out of curiosity I've just been back through my own posting history and with the exception of a few posts on the Rugby World Cup thread and a couple of moderation bits and pieces, I've posted very little.

Oh well.
Yeah, @Sam The Bam really had a pathetic panty-wetting moment there.

Latest Threads