Whatever happened to (insert ARRSE member here)?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
In any proper Highland regiment*, the values would have been released as a matter of dress regs.

*Anyone other than the Black Watch.

That's what I was thinking.

Perhaps @Auld-Yin was a bit "shy" in that department...

@StBob072
Have another one on me:
Invictus by William Ernest Henley.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I am trying to imagine what fire control orders would sound like when delivered in iambic pentameter or drill movements ordered in rhyming couplets.

Well?

Hurry up with the drill movement poetry, or I shall be forced to go and troll Gavin Felton on Facebook.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope! Any more than a couple of wine gums would hurt me a bit nowadays!

Short term memory loss is for winners!

People will tell you anything you want to know .... :)

My dear old gran always told me, "If you come to a fork in the road, take it"
Thread drift alert. -

I frequented a Portuguese cafe in the neighbourhood of Vauxhall for a period of lunchtime hours. The very delightful waitress would hand over the food box with a "would you like a fork?" query.

I always responded "Thanks, I'll settle for a handshake" .

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Thread drift alert. -

I frequented a Portuguese cafe in the neighbourhood of Vauxhall for a period of lunchtime hours. The very delightful waitress would hand over the food box with a "would you like a fork?" query.

I always responded "Thanks, I'll settle for a handshake" .

People with certain.. ahem.. gaelic brogues, always tempt me to say "There's no need to SHITE".

Back on track - Josey Wales and I still communicate by WhatsApp. As for Jarrod & Dale, yes they are still in communication, albeit by text with me.

Good souls all.

I am trying to imagine what fire control orders would sound like when delivered in iambic pentameter or drill movements ordered in rhyming couplets.
I can't help with those but I'm reminded of a Range Declaration that morphed into a parody of "Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones".

The first man gave the Declaration as normal then successive Declarations were delivered with slightly changed intonations until the last man delivered:
"I have no live rounds or - empty cases,
I have no live rounds or - empty cases,
In my possession - Sir."

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I can't help with those but I'm reminded of a Range Declaration that morphed into a parody of "Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones".

The first man gave the Declaration as normal then successive Declarations were delivered with slightly changed intonations until the last man delivered:
"I have no live rounds or - empty cases,
In my possession - Sir."

That's going to pop out of my mouth when I'm least expecting it. Well done.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Boggin' Royals. He doesn't know any better.
Don't forget, you chip-paper regiments have spent all your time trying to out-do the Leaders - The Royal Scots (The Royal Regiment). First, note First, of Foot! And around before the even chippier Woodentops! :cool:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Back on track - Josey Wales and I still communicate by WhatsApp. As for Jarrod & Dale, yes they are still in communication, albeit by text with me.

Good souls all.
Say Hi to them both from all at Arrse and tell them they are not missed! :p

Latest Threads