What

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Piefinder, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was given a Military knowledge test the other week, one of the questions was :

"Bullets and water..."

that was it, can anyone answer this for me ?

(Sorry if this belongs in The Training Wing, its my first day)

2. ....are worth two in the hand?

3. Bullets and water do not mix, either in storage or when fired

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

If you have both you can live

5. Not if You mix them :D

6. Don't mix them up. Don't eat bullet's and don't try to fire water!

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

take two bullets, with water, after food. No more than 8 in 24 hours.

See RMO if repeat prescription required.

8. ............constitute a tastier and softer alternative to treacle pudding?

9. errr.. Are both Combat Supplies.

10. Haven't a damn clue, a thorough internet search came up with FA, bloody question was worth 10 points too...

11. And the DS answer was
    Any object moving through a medium experiences a drag force tending to slow it down. For a denser medium like water, the drag force is much larger than it is in air. Water is 700 times denser than air. The drag force on the bullet scales as the square of the velocity and is also proportional to the surface area of the moving body.
    Knowing this, one can set up an equation of motion for the bullet, which gives the distance over which its velocity is considerably reduced. The formula involves the velocity, mass and size of bullet, the density of water, and the drag coefficient.
    For a typical bullet with a velocity of 300 metres per second, the depth over which it slows in water is barely a few metres. So a 3-metre dive below the surface is more than adequate.

You need to know this sort of stuff if you are near water and are being shot at.

Google is your friend

12. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Whoever set this question failed.

Firstly its not a question,

Secondly having set you a question(?) they failed to debrief you on the answers.

13. Sounds a bit of a long winded answer for the average tom like myself, I'll memorise it for next time.

14. Bullets and Water
    Is all you need for slaughter.

And here endeth the lesson.

15. Sounds about right...
    But what about x2 yorkie bars ?