What YouTube video have you just watched?

Can’t believe I missed this back in 2004..ex para comes home to wreak revenge on his brothers tormentors.

'What are you looking at?'

******* awesome film.

I just tried to watch this one:

It's a forty minute piss-take masquerading as a review of "Bright", a film which some members of this parish on having watched actually quite like, and have said so in comments on other threads. I got ten minutes in before I decided I'd rather not continue watching because I'd much rather see "Bright". Even if it's a Netflix original.

Tomi Lahren. Young. Absolutely fit. And conservative. What's not to like?

On a surprise morning off in crap weather, this was a welcome find. Not new to the historians on here: Field Marshal Lord Alanbrooke was "probably more responsible than anybody else for the BEF getting back successfuly after Dunkirk" according to General Sir Brian Horrocks (commander of XXX Corps at Arnhem), who also said Lord Alanbrooke's greatest claim to fame was that between 1941-1945, he was Sir Winston Churchill's right hand man. The Alanbrooke War Diaries 1939-1945: Field Marshal Lord Alanbrooke, on Amazon.

Lined up a load of Iron maiden documentaries on Youtube starting with Death On The Road. Followed by the History of Iron Maiden series. Beer and munchies sorted.

This review of John Wick from Movies with Mikey.

This might belong in Mil History. I've just found a Youtube film I downloaded two years ago, titled In Search of RAF Bomber Command. It's the unofficial private film "Night Bombers", which is available on DVD and there's a shorter, reasonable copy on Youtube now. See the IWM PRELUDE TO VICTORY [Main Title].

The current Youtube version is missing five minutes at the beginning, footage of Lancasters on dispersal and the film-maker introduces himself, showing the original camera he got in 1942. The Memphis Belle official film had been made, so Hemswell's station commander decided to make his own, between 1943-1945. A/Cdr HI Cozens CB AFC thought it would be a good idea.

Going on what the programme says, he got enough film from the Air Training Branch for the job. Shot at No. 1 Group Hemswell Lincs during 1944 by the Station Commander, the home video reconstructs a Sqn of Lancasters raid over Berlin in 1944. Cracking footage in the air and on the ground.

About 40 minutes into my copy, there's a piece on Wickenby (12 Sqn) with who I think is former Sgt pilot 'Jack' Currie (film). There was a Sqn Ldr Currie DFC and he's the author of 'Lancaster Target'. You'll find that footage in this post.

Using all the info and dates, the featured No. 1 Group Sqns are 150 and 170. The narrator says it's unique, and it's actually bloody marvellous. I've never seen so much 'inside film' and info on a WW2 operational RAF Bomber station. A bit of digging also found that "all ground filming of The Dambusters was shot at Hemswell standing in for Scampton". Enjoy.

I'm trusting wiki: RAF Hemswell - Wikipedia .

Last edited: