What would your savings recommendations be?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BUDGIE-MIA, Jun 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://spendingchallenge.hm-treasury.gov.uk/

The Prime Minister says;
    “Don’t hold back. Be innovative, be radical, challenge the way things are done. If you think you can make things better for less money don’t just complain to your colleagues about it – tell us about it so we can make it happen “
    The link above gives all government employees and members of the Armed Forces the opportunity to make spending and saving recommendations to the government. Remember this is not the NAAFI; share your thoughts and recommendations on this subject with fellow arrse’s, before you give them to the government "to make it happen". :desertsoldier:

2. Stop foreign aid. We cannot afford it!

3. Done already

Please check other threads before pressing send

4. What a great site. I've just sent them dozens of ideas ranging from computer licences (thank me if they take that one up) all the way to stopping all forms of benefit and paying out 'State Charity' so we can call all the doleys charity cases.

5. Thanks MV, but I was thinking more on the lines of savings within the military system.
    What savings we think could be made within the forces, rather than the benifits, foriener and scrounger kicking on the site you quoted. :)

6. ditch navy egos, sorry, aircraft carriers.

7. My bold.

I'll be exempt as I hold the ECDL, and I am now qualified to drive my computer, it being European it is more important than any HMG issue.

8. No, no, no, no, where would Rod Stewart, get his inspiration for nautical songs from. :(