What would you like to see on the news?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cammo, Sep 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's your chance.

I'm a journo - what should I write about?
    I'm not fishing or baiting. Just want to know what YOU think.

Please this is serious. I only take myself lightly not my job:p

2. Belasussian elections is an interesting theme. However, are you experienced enough in this matter?

3. What would I like to see in the news? 'Profession of Journalism gripped by shame and self-loathing at what they've become in the past 40 years-mass wave of Journo suicides reported-general populace approves in latest poll figures '

4. Not normally part of a journos remit but...............
    Correct facts and the truth would be a start.

5. Let's recall immortal description made by Mark Twain

6. Less scaremongering and pandering to the Media Owners' favourites/prejudices and more articles and informed pieces written without spin. Just the facts ma'am, just the facts.

7. You'll gather that some journos on this Site are as popular as a f@rt in a spacesuit.

Unfortunately the media has, over the last 40 years, succeeded in dumbing down everything into 1 minute or less soundbites or column inches.

The subject is not important - correct factual information is. If an assumption is made then state it is an assumption. And do not pretend it is NOT an industry - if you miss your deadlines then come Hell or High Water you will be in the tomtit.

Subject - "We now face a serious threat to our collective NATO security from a variety of external sources and need, in real terms, to increase our Defence Expenditure"

Thats everybody not just the US and UK. As a topic it will go down like lead f@rt because nobody wants to face the truth.

8. Blair and Browns obituaries would be a nice start to the day

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Since I am thinking of upscaling my house, and want something much bigger, perhaps an article headline 'House prices plummet; mortgage costs disappear, and interest rates fall through the floor.'

Or, has that been doen?

10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

More foreign affairs that's not just concerning the EU or US.

11. Katie Derham and Fiona Bruce getting their kit off!

12. The truth about Europe and how then run our lives now in the UK - and all this before its too late.

13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Facts and lots of them.

It could be used to replace the hours and column inches of speculation.

See above re Europe, Foreign Policy, etc.

How about some historical references too?

That might mean the journos had to do some real research, rather than taking feeds from Reuters and publicity puffs from companies.

14. The truth!

15. Gordon brown arrested for treason for crippeling uk national defense.

Gordon brown arrested for criminal negligence for failing to provide enough helicopters to our forces in AFG.

Facts not spin, Information not opinion.