What would you have done? Missed opportunity?

foodie

Old-Salt
I saw a GGD with the aforementioned "trousers round arrse" look trying to look gangsta in town the other week. I was very pleased with myself when I joined the 30 other people in the high street publicly mocking him with laughter when his jeans fell to the floor and he face planted the pavement! That will teach the ****** to use a belt properley!

That sword could be worth a fortune ye ken ? but you need to check and see if the very special (and (very) hard to find ) numbers and mark are there. If they are your new offspring will have a very happy daddy. If you want the info on the special marks PM me and send £50 quid.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That sword could be worth a fortune ye ken ? but you need to check and see if the very special (and (very) hard to find ) numbers and mark are there. If they are your new offspring will have a very happy daddy. If you want the info on the special marks PM me and send £50 quid.

As far as I can see, it's identical to the one on that site but mine appears to be in better nick, despite the gold paint and surface rust on the blade. I can't see any visible marks but once the nitromors has worked it's magic on the paint work, I'll post some phots.

It's also worth noting that it is still sharp as ****.

Be very careful being public spirited,
I recall an incident not long ago, I was walking out of a shop when I came across three louts mugging an elderly lady, I thought blimming heck and my army training kicked in, I threw my purchases down and ran over to the scene,...and I tell you this, the four of us gave gran a ******* kicking she'll not forget in a hurry.

Liverpool Street Stn...a few weeks back....some city type tw*t, my size, weight, etc walked full into me cos he was too fecking busy looking at his phone, texting or some other b*ll*xs...I saw him coming but thought, Naw, I'm not moving out of his way...

It's a delight to find someone who shares my simple pleasure in allowing cnuts who are too engrossed in their mobile phone to watch what they're doing to walk straight into me and watch them bounce off with a disbelieving look on their face.

My best result in this new past time saw a very shiny looking iphone go under a passing car and I'm fairly sure the ******** who owned it had tears in his eyes while I walked off giggling like a simpleton.

It's a delight to find someone who shares my simple pleasure in allowing cnuts who are too engrossed in their mobile phone to watch what they're doing to walk straight into me and watch them bounce off with a disbelieving look on their face.

Oh yes. People getting on the train/Underground before I've got off also find that while I'm a big man & out of shape they will still be propelled off again & halfway across the platform. If I do it properly they miss their train.

My best result in this new past time saw a very shiny looking iphone go under a passing car and I'm fairly sure the ******** who owned it had tears in his eyes while I walked off giggling like a simpleton.

Past Time?

Do you buy twee Charles Rennie Mackintosh styled objets d'art to decorate Dunsignallin? Are your evenings filled with joy listening to Olde Tyme Music Hall CDs on your newly purchased Radiogram-style entertainment centre?
It's pastime as in 17 Sport and Pastime Regiment RLC, you illiterate gnome. I will also be skiffing the ESPN presenter who doesn't seem to know the difference according to the weekend's Rugby Paper.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The sword after a bit of elbow grease and acid to remove the paint. It still needs a bit of work to get the last of it off, but it looks a hell of a lot better already. A gentle scrub with wire wool and it will look bang tidy.

The spray paint made it look like a theatrical prop. Still no visible markings anywhere.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByARRSE1333643570.840257.jpg
    ImageUploadedByARRSE1333643570.840257.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 452
  • ImageUploadedByARRSE1333643588.500377.jpg
    ImageUploadedByARRSE1333643588.500377.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 443
  • ImageUploadedByARRSE1333643603.428792.jpg
    ImageUploadedByARRSE1333643603.428792.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 443
Had a bit of a mad day yesterday. In between going to test shoot a nice matched pair of Purdeys and resigning from the HAC, my missus thought she had gone into labour.

I quite like your missus. Not only does she test shoot Purdeys, but she used to be in the HAC and she is obviously a goer as she's pregnant.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ravers, firstly nice prof on the sword.

On the other point of getting involved in other peoples street violence I really don't think it's worth the hassle.
I think most people would like to think that they would jump in al la Sword and Gun however most would let it go unless mob handed.

Look at that bloke that pulled the gobby kid off the train (the big man) and all the shit he got over that.
Brandishing firearms in public deactivated or not is an offence. Punching the bloke to stop him could be assault.

Either way up you'd spend the rest of the day and possibly night in the police station.

What you should have done is carve a big R into his chest cut his belt with your sword so his trousers fell down thus incapacitating him and got back into your Micra and sped off.

There's a difference between chasing after a bloke who has committed a crime and stepping in to stop a crime in progress. I'd like to hope we'd all do the latter. I would be very disappointed with myself if I failed to.

Brandishing weapons in public is not necessarily an offense. If you had a reasonable excuse for having them (which he had) and your use of them was reasonable (which it would not have been in this case) then it would not be an offence.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I quite like your missus. Not only does she test shoot Purdeys, but she used to be in the HAC and she is obviously a goer as she's pregnant.

She's more of a Holland & Holland kind of girl:

Attachments

• 296_69454965071_903985071_3860437_5882_n.jpg
    296_69454965071_903985071_3860437_5882_n.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 398

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Well a rudimentary search of the internet indicates to me that I may have stumbled on to a little gold mine, assuming of course it's not a repro. I still can't find any markings but as far as I can see, it's in very very good nick by comparison to some of the others out there. This one for instance: Rod Akeroyd & Son - Scottish Basket-hilted Backsword - Fine antique arms and armour.

Only things I can find wrong (other than the gash paint job of course) are some minor surface rust, a hairline crack in the wooden handle and one of the Turk's heads is missing.

So now I know it's a bit special, what's the best way of preserving it nicely? I've waded in with acid already to get rid of the paint and removed the worst of the live rust with some light wire wool action and gun oil. Obviously I don't want to **** it up if it's worth a bit.

Well a rudimentary search of the internet indicates to me that I may have stumbled on to a little gold mine, assuming of course it's not a repro. I still can't find any markings but as far as I can see, it's in very very good nick by comparison to some of the others out there. This one for instance: Rod Akeroyd & Son - Scottish Basket-hilted Backsword - Fine antique arms and armour.

Only things I can find wrong (other than the gash paint job of course) are some minor surface rust, a hairline crack in the wooden handle and one of the Turk's heads is missing.

So now I know it's a bit special, what's the best way of preserving it nicely? I've waded in with acid already to get rid of the paint and removed the worst of the live rust with some light wire wool action and gun oil. Obviously I don't want to **** it up if it's worth a bit.

Sorry Ravers I cant be of any real help; the fifty quid bit and the waffle about the numbers and marks were just that. Mind you looking at the pictures you have posted it looks great. It will be very interesting if you can find out the age of it and post that. I really hope you have the real deal here.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Sorry Ravers I cant be of any real help; the fifty quid bit and the waffle about the numbers and marks were just that. Mind you looking at the pictures you have posted it looks great. It will be very interesting if you can find out the age of it and post that. I really hope you have the real deal here.

And there I was thinking you were some sort of kilt wearing expert in Scottish weaponry. I had visions of you sitting in big castle surrounded by stag heads, polishing a big **** off two handed broadsword and eating haggis.

And there I was thinking you were some sort of kilt wearing expert in Scottish weaponry. I had visions of you sitting in big castle surrounded by stag heads, polishing a big **** off two handed broadsword and eating haggis.

Nah but I have a mouldy set of antlers (12 points) on my shed. :) As for other highland weaponry this song mention a bit of jousting with a good heavy ash tray and a screw top.

The Corries --- The Portree Kid - YouTube

She's more of a Holland & Holland kind of girl:

That's Mrs Ravers? It appears you are Mike Tindall & I claim my £5...

G

goatrutar

@ Ravers. Maybe just give it a good hit of WD40 and wrap it in a blanket for now?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@ Ravers. Maybe just give it a good hit of WD40 and wrap it in a blanket for now?

I'm not sure the missus would appreciate that sort of treatment. I save that sort of freaky shit for Polish hookers and bag heads.