What would you do?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Want Help, Dec 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Right, I open my heart to the wisdom of ARRSE (Oh God no!)

    I'm in a slightly sticky situation, in that: 12 months ago I did something very stupid. Suffice to say that I attempted boarding with a wife who wasn't mine - nothing massive but, on the advice of someone in the CoC (who had an axe to grind) she went to the Police with a complaint of common assault as I put my arm around her.

    I know I was a twat and need to take my lumps under the AGAI system. Not a problem as it was my fault and I did something wrong.

    My situation is this - I was initially interviewed by the Police 8 months ago and had my AGAI interview 8 months ago - was advised that it would be Major Action. I was removed from post a couple of months later (the right thing to do in my opinion) and have been tracked and moved to another unit for the last 6 months. There has been no more progress on the AGAI in all that time.

    For all this time I have been in Limbo and this is doing my fcuking head in. All I want is to be dealt with, punished as necessary and find out which unit I might be serving with after this track and move is over!

    I have never denied the original offence of Social Misconduct, just want this all over and done with!

    So. What are my options to speed things up and bring this to a resolution? Would a Redress of Grievance help? I'm absolutely at the end of my tether as this has been going on far too long and I'm now clinically depressed over this shit storm.

    Don't get me wrong, I was a stupid twat but I want to just take my punishment and move on...
  2. Have the police finished with you? If not suggest 'battery' rather than common assault as it is a more accurate (and serious) charge to the scenario described above.

    Is there not a time limit on the AGAI process? I thought there was.
  3. Thanks for your reply, I have no idea what the Police are doing, the CoC of my old Btn has changed so they aren't exactly chasing this up (out of sight, out of mind). A plea of Battery would do me no favours, surely?
  4. If by Police you mean civi plod then I can assure you that even investigations into minor offences can drag on for months, if you had an initial interview the bobby who did it should have given you his details and a contact number, call them and find out the state of play.

    Cant give you any advice on AGAI, been out to many years.
  5. Thanks. CivPol are really shit!
  6. Do you have a case/incident number? Get in touch with the police enquiry centre or the station that was dealing with you and see whats going on?
  7. An AGAI has to be sanctioned and signed with 14 days, or there abouts. The punishment can be dished out whenever though.

    ^Although that may only be for Minor sanction.