What would you do?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Lechies, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This morning, I was out walking the dog at half six when there was a couple who'd obviously been on the drink all night (Must have been a party because everywhere is shut) they were having a right old row and heading in my direction. At first I couldn't make out what they were arguing about, as they got closer, the chap was accusing her of flirting with every bloke with a swinger, I wasn't really expecting what was going to happen next though. As they got about 30m away from me, the guy unleashed a right hander that would drop anyone who wasn't expecting it, a right sucker punch, he then booted her I think in the head near her ear when she went down, he then started to run towards me at speed to get away. When he attacked her, I have to admit the shock rooted me to the spot, I was totally taken aback at the level of violence of what I had just witnessed in those seconds. As this bloke got on his heels 2 thoughts went through my head, 1. Do I stop this bloke and try and detain him or 2. Let him pass and go to this girls aid. For those of you who know me on here, it's certain with a massive prolapsed stoma and linked 24hrs a day to a blood pressure monitor I'm not really in the position for heroics, however something inside me just went and as he came towards me I adopted that familiar stance that I've done many times when a number 7 or 8 have come running at me at full speed, I got low and put my shoulder right into his hip grabbed the back of his legs and lifted him trying to turn him to spear him, unfortunately my technique is not as good as it was so I ended up dropping him side ways. However, he was up and gone within seconds of getting up so I went to help the girl. Fortunately one of the neighbours saw him attack this girl and was already helping her. She was taken away by ambulance and I've just given the plod my account of the assault. When 50 left, my Wife berated me for getting involved in anything other than just helping the stricken girl, but in all honesty, what would you do?
  2. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

A leading leg front kick to the chest. He wouldn't of got up.
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

given what you say about ur medical history, kudos to you, hope ur wife is proud.
  4. Fair play for getting involved Sir.
  5. I find that if you simply stick your arm out, the bus will usually stop.
  6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

I'd have helped him out and given her a kick to the uterus. Just to teach her not to be a whore and flirt.

Whats up with siding with your fellow man?
  7. I had just been serviced by the wife before going out so wasn't feeling my usual self, sorry for letting you down lads. Plus.......

My neck hurts like fook now.
  8. On a Sunday morning? Are you religious?
  9. Why have a dog and bark yourself?? If the Mutt isn't attack trained then poor drills on your part sir.................though kudos for the rest :)
  10. Spot on. Nowt wrong with detaining a chap for assault. It's written into law in the hope that people will have a go. The crim deserves to be brought to the attention of the law, and any sensible policeman should be grateful for the attempt to save them a pain-in-the-arse "area search - no trace".
  11. Given what you told us about your physical condition I say: Gutsy move to shove the pr!ck anyway and well done for heading to the girl. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Though I must say that putting yourself at risk like that (having the guy injure you, so you wouldn't be able to help either yourself OR the girl) isn't that smart. But then again, at half six in the morning I'm not usually awake enough to think fast even on a workday!

A personal question: What's sex like with a stoma and a attached bloodpressure device attached?
  12. What DOES the law say in this situation?

How far are you able to go to detain the guy?

10 Points for getting involved though, I hope she's appreciative.
  13. More often that not it's "Move along now, there's nothing to see here."
  14. The attacker who took off on his heels will in all probability be caught anyway, assuming the woman is in a relationship with him and knows his name to give the Police, if she decides to press charges.
  15. Same as any kind of sex I have, disappointing and brief.