What would you do, if you had it all again?

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by CDT gruntfuttock, Jun 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What, if you were given the chance to go back to the start of your Army (or other military) career, would you do? would you do anything differently?....... *cue tidal wave of "shag ya mother" and so forth...* I ask mainly because I'm bored, but also for a fascination born of exactly how buggered up things are now.

2. Probably join the RAC (no not the noshers with vans)

3. Funnily enough, RAC as well. Or RAMC environmental health assistant. Bizarre, I know....

4. Oh yes and I would play pool with my massive knob to impress the chicks ;-)

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I wouldn't have told that witch doctor in Belize to **** off and die in a fire.

6. I'd check the search function to see if it's been done before.

7. Yep I sometimes wonder if I had bought 100 quids worth of premium bonds a month for my last 12 years

8. I'd have become an Armourer.

9. I'd have started a retirement fund from day one.
    Also I'd have saved enough for a deposit on a small flat, mortgaged said flat and gradually as time went by upgraded until I had a decent size house

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Do a sneaky beaky DISC course before they decide to change the ******* selection criteria while I'm on tour despite all the ******* promises. *******.

11. Do it a second time round? No ******* chance. I had an excuse the first time but I'll never forgive myself for becoming locked in the pension trap. I hated some of the ***** I worked with so much when I meet up with the decent ones, I'm always hoping that they'll tell me that some of the former are dead.

12. I bought a grand's worth and 12 months later won £50k. Mmmm nice.

13. very well put young man, you must have read my mind !!!

14. listened harder in school
    and then joined the civil service
    with a degree in something

15. I'm in the civil service now and it is full of politically correct whinging ******* who contribute nothing but know they can't be sacked unless their caught in bed with CMDs wife or kids. The union scum walk round throwing threats around like confetti and the managers can't. Five years to pension to add to the army one, fuckin roll on.