What would you do, if you had it all again?

What, if you were given the chance to go back to the start of your Army (or other military) career, would you do? would you do anything differently?....... *cue tidal wave of "shag ya mother" and so forth...* I ask mainly because I'm bored, but also for a fascination born of exactly how buggered up things are now.

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
I wouldn't have told that witch doctor in Belize to **** off and die in a fire.

I'd have become an Armourer.

I'd have started a retirement fund from day one.
Also I'd have saved enough for a deposit on a small flat, mortgaged said flat and gradually as time went by upgraded until I had a decent size house

Do a sneaky beaky DISC course before they decide to change the ******* selection criteria while I'm on tour despite all the ******* promises. *******.

B

Biscuits_AB

Do it a second time round? No ******* chance. I had an excuse the first time but I'll never forgive myself for becoming locked in the pension trap. I hated some of the cnuts I worked with so much when I meet up with the decent ones, I'm always hoping that they'll tell me that some of the former are dead.

Do it a second time round? No ******* chance. I had an excuse the first time but I'll never forgive myself for becoming locked in the pension trap. I hated some of the cnuts I worked with so much when I meet up with the decent ones, I'm always hoping that they'll tell me that some of the former are dead.
very well put young man, you must have read my mind !!!

listened harder in school
and then joined the civil service
with a degree in something
I'm in the civil service now and it is full of politically correct whinging ******* who contribute nothing but know they can't be sacked unless their caught in bed with CMDs wife or kids. The union scum walk round throwing threats around like confetti and the managers can't. Five years to pension to add to the army one, fuckin roll on.

Paras then
SAS
Then I really would be the 29,345 man on the balcony, instead of just like another ****** dreaming about what might have been

...and the irony of that post is that most of them are probably thinking and hoping the same things.

I'm in the civil service now and it is full of politically correct whinging ******* who contribute nothing but know they can't be sacked unless their caught in bed with CMDs wife or kids. The union scum walk round throwing threats around like confetti and the managers can't. Five years to pension to add to the army one, fuckin roll on.
your living the dream
this private sector lark is for the birds

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Intelligence Cell 24
msr The Intelligence Cell 29
M The Intelligence Cell 14