What would Major mike keely be now if he had'nt lost the fight against the clock

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by verdi_811, Oct 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PSE discuss
    The title says it all

The man was a legend and i'd be opting for politics on a level everyman would understand...and maybe a PM the country has never had before and never will!!!!
  2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

retired, as he would be pushing 70
    • Like Like x 1
  3. No idea who you are, but Maj Mike Kealy DSO would be more accurate. Chaps of his mettle, in the thick of it at a young age, conspicuous and a legend, go on to be motivational speakers, or write books, sit on large Corporations? Campaign, ruffle feathers and use their cast iron balls to make a difference?

If you really knew of what you speak; he has many friends, better people than us, defenders, and that community might not like your shoddy post. There are issues , not least spurious books which have upset certain people, and written by people who should know better.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Delves,Denaro, and Rose all went private on completion of service, and all in SAS at about the same time as MK
  5. You know, I met A.D. in his Captain, Adjutant days, was marched in front of him on my first day. Scared the shoite out of me. Imagine this great scary bloke swinging about, on top of the tallest feckin tree in BAOR, ordering his Mess Waiter to deliver another bottle of Scotch to him, personally. And other stories.
    Another legend.
  6. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I was attached to his troop when he was a Cornet, in 69
  7. So you'll have seen him in the Regimental Year Book if you were with them in 77/78?
    Do Dazzler Lamont, Pinkie, ring any bells mate (76-80) ?

That regiment made the best years of my life, starting in 1976. Good officers, yes there were Cornets. A good CO , and memorable characters among the older members. One long pish up that was, mostly ON duty. And A.D. went on to great things.
  8. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

No. we had one troop of the QRIH with us in El Adam in 69. he was the troop leader,
  9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Didn't AD marry MK's widow?
  10. Yep, just as I left for Lisburn.
  11. Who is Major mike keely?

You obviously mean Major Mike Kealy DSO, but what is it to you? Are you trying to impress with your insider knowledge?

"The title says it all." Indeed it does.
  12. Obviously the question could not possibly be asked of you.

13. What question? What would I be doing now?

Me, Verdi, or you?
  14. I remember being baby sat by the then Mrs keely the eve the door got knocked wrong door episode was /is folk law but true all the same.
    Im well up on what other people of the same ilke have made of themselves regardless of bling or titles .my qeustion still stands PM or not???
  15. The question you asked about showing off insider knowledge.

I has assumed that quoting the question might possibly be a clue.