What would it take to bring down the UK Government?

Over recent months, many stories have appeared in the media and been discussed on ARRSE, that many feel (quite rightly) very strongly about. Many of these stories have related to current military ops and for the ease of description, some fundamentally differing views with the electorate, to HMG.

Having seen the government spin its way out of, and bury a number of bad news stories. Given that Tony Blair has stated that he will not see out this term, and calls for his immediate resignation have already been made, what do you think would finally tilt the balance?

Woodman said:
Lasalle said:
A 2.5% rise in interest rates.
I don't think HMG would the only ones to be brought down.
agreed - and our economic picture seems to be one that HMG have played like a fiddle. Whilst I agree, to get a 2.5 increase in their' time left, would almost certainly be the result of something else happening.

A bit more sleeze on Bliar or senior member of the goverment the back benchers in thier own party have been baying for people to resign might just be whats needed to have a vote of no confidence (not that there is any from the public anyway)

Sven wrote:

A rise in the numbers of fascist scum

Very astute Sven, every day thousands more facists enter our country raising the numbers. Of course you call them Muslims.

This rise in their numbers will indeed lead to the overthrow of the left wing facists currently destroying our country.

brettarider said:
A bit more sleeze on Bliar or senior member of the goverment the back benchers in thier own party have been baying for people to resign might just be whats needed to have a vote of no confidence (not that there is any from the public anyway)
This is what kinda led me to post - I was scratching my head trying to think of any senior members that haven't been the red-tops favourite.

I'm still waiting for the "Defence Spokesman found in bed with BAFF spokesman" story to get out. - Only joking Hackle!

Not so long ago a scandal like the David Kelly affair would have brought a government falling like dominos.
This government was able to side step the whole affair.

A load of bent politicians asking questions for cash, perjury, wearing gimp a mask jumping off a chair while strung up dressed as a woman tends to do the job. Well it did for the last tory shower of shite.

Edit typos and mongness

The common voter does not have any sway with the MPs in the House of Commons when it comes down to replacing the resident party as it requires a vote of no confidence in the current incumbents.

To achieve this opposition parties require bullet/spin proof that the government is corrupt and or jeopardising the security of the country. The media frenzy at the moment does not contribute much to the belief that Labour/Conservatives are not doing a moderate job (and I’m not standing up for the Labour Party).

Sadly voter ignorance and apathy dictate who is running the country. Change this and the current bunch of criminals doesn’t have a chance in any snap election.

JJ

brettarider said:
The, then, Home secretary shagging someone elses wife and her having his baby was not enough....
The Vice president, er, I mean Deputy Priminister found guilty of a criminal act was not enough..(OK he hasn't got a job so why the feck is he still deputy)
Money for peership investigation has yet to arrest Blair...soon I hope!

How much more sleeze do they need? Why are they still in power?