What will you do if Brexit is reversed / doesn't happen ?

If Brexit is reversed and doesn't happen what will you do?

• Go postal and fire bomb government buildings .

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Put my gillet vert on and protest.

Votes: 39 12.4%
  • Stop paying taxes and refuse to cooperate with any government department .

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Absolutely nothing and put up with the lack of democracy .

Votes: 70 22.3%
  • Celebrate the good news .

Votes: 86 27.4%
  • Campaign for another election.

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Something else.

Votes: 45 14.3%
  • Emigrate .

Votes: 20 6.4%

• Total voters
I gather from the newspapers today that the European Union is suggesting the UK might have another referendum. It seems like another of those "wear them down with votes until they vote to remain" just like the Irish did.

I gather from the newspapers today that the European Union is suggesting the UK might have another referendum. It seems like another of those "wear them down with votes until they vote to remain" just like the Irish did.
It worked for Eire, Denmark etc....

Last edited:
I really should take the trouble to learn the difference. (I bet it's got something to do with that pesky Lisbon treaty, which everyone spouts a lot of shite about)

I should learn the difference, especially as we probably aren't leaving anytime soon.
Yes it might be an idea, it will maybe stop yourself looking stoooopid

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
But if you'd bother to read anything. It's been done in here regularly, Ireland was unhappy about some of the stuff in the first Lisbon thing and said no.

They told them what they were unhappy about and it was changed. Another vote and it was accepted as the eu had addressed the points the Irish were worried about

Another vote and the Irish voted for it knowing that their demands had been meant.
But carry on ignoring it.

You gather from the UK newspapers, that is.
It's a load of crap, by the way. Tusk has suggested that if UK comes up with another way forward, which could include another referendum or a general election, to show they are serious about coming up with something, then the EU could grant a longer extension to A50.
The UK papers have, of course, taken it all out of context and saying the EU is calling for another referendum which is a load of bollox.

Still, it keeps the obsessives happy.

But if you'd bother to read anything. It's been done in here regularly, Ireland was unhappy about some of the stuff in the first Lisbon thing and said no.

They told them what they were unhappy about and it was changed. Another vote and it was accepted as the eu had addressed the points the Irish were worried about

Another vote and the Irish voted for it knowing that their demands had been meant.
Mumsnet statement on moderation in particular with regard to trans rights

You gather from the UK newspapers, that is.
It's a load of crap, by the way. Tusk has suggested that if UK comes up with another way forward, which could include another referendum or a general election, to show they are serious about coming up with something, then the EU could grant a longer extension to A50.
The UK papers have, of course, taken it all out of context and saying the EU is calling for another referendum which is a load of bollox.

Still, it keeps the obsessives happy.
I got it from Radio 4, so it must be untrue

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes it might be an idea, it will maybe stop yourself looking stoooopid
I was fooled by a bus. Believed Farage, Johnson and Gove had our best interests at heart. And was scared that all of a sudden that Turkey was joining the Eu.

What else was I stupid about, our neighbours across the channel had suddenly become our enemies.

And I was going to spend £50 to go on a bus run organised by Farage.......and he's not even going to be there for most of it

God knows what I've got to look forward to this week.

I was fooled by a bus. Believed Farage, Johnson and Gove had our best interests at heart. And was scared that all of a sudden that Turkey was joining the Eu.

What else was I stupid about, our neighbours across the channel had suddenly become our enemies.

And I was going to spend £50 to go on a bus run organised by Farage.......and he's not even going to be there for most of it

God knows what I've got to look forward to this week.
I was fooled by WW3

I selected “Do absolutely nothing and put up with the lack of democracy.”

Because I suspect it’s the nearest to the truth for many fellow leave voters. Unfortunately the absolute truth involves the resurgance of a single-issue party which might not be the best thing in the world but who we will vote for in our droves as a “feck you” to duplicitous mainstream politicians. Does anyone doubt that we’d have left the revolting EU had Nigel Farage been (an entirely unsuitable in many other respects) Prime Minister?

Why not take a more optimistic view. Suppose we do get forced to remain in the EU. We'll still have our own currency, the good old Pound Sterling. That's an independent currency. So it won't get devalued if the EU's unicorn "euro" eventually collapses, as seems not unlikely.

And we still have the English Channel, so we can't get invaded by any EU army. Heck, if the mighty German Wehrmacht didn't even try to invade in 1940, can you see an EU army composed of the disparate elements of 26 countries succeeding?

Besides, we've got an atomic ace up our sleeve. In the form of 4 RN Vanguard SSBN's. Each sub can deliver 40 100KT nuclear warheads, if we get really riled. Only the French have a similar capacity. So they're the only country we should be careful of. The rest of the EU we can disregard.

Looks reassuring, doesn't it?
Nuke France in pre-emptive strike and leave us as the dominant nuclear power in western Europe?

Sounds like a good negotiating position to be in after that. We could also cut down on fuel for the missiles as they won't have far to fly.
Eco friendly nuclear strikes, very 21St century.

Published by: Janice Atkinson, Rebel Media, on 14 March 2019.

Secret Documents Suggest Brexit Will Never Happen.

"Janice Atkinson of TheRebel.media reports: I’ve just seen confidential documents published by the respected think tank, the Bruges Group, set up in the wake of Margaret Thatcher's famous speech".

Grow up and stop being so silly.

It is unfortunate you cannot be bothered to read and understand the content of posts. But then again perhaps you merely like the importance of seeing your input in a form of pixel print.

I like what this (from my perspective) rather attractive lady has to say about Brexit, Dr Pippa Malmgren, former economic advisor to George W. Bush and CEO of H Robotics.

Unlike a lot of TV pundits she actually seems to know what she's talking about. I absolutely agree with her viewpoint that the UK is right to reject any law the EU tries to impose on us that will never work for us, eg the French system of company law. I once interviewed with a guy that had set up a company in La Defense in Paris, only to later relocate to the United States, bemoaning France as being like a communist country.

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Grow up and stop being so silly.

It is unfortunate you cannot be bothered to read and understand the content of posts. But then again perhaps you merely like the importance of seeing your input in a form of pixel print.
You disagree with the fact that the Irish asked for changes, got changes and acted accordingly.
One of them being that they could not be forced to join a European army against their will. Hardly small beer.

But the ‘irish Bullied into a second vote’ is a simpler headline.

I really should take the trouble to learn the difference. (I bet it's got something to do with that pesky Lisbon treaty, which everyone spouts a lot of shite about)

I should learn the difference, especially as we probably aren't leaving anytime soon.
Your really should!! Becuase if we don't the EU will give you a nasty wake up call.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 36
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 137