What will you do if Brexit is reversed / doesn't happen ?

If Brexit is reversed and doesn't happen what will you do?

  • Go postal and fire bomb government buildings .

    Votes: 34 10.7%
  • Put my gillet vert on and protest.

    Votes: 40 12.6%
  • Stop paying taxes and refuse to cooperate with any government department .

    Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Absolutely nothing and put up with the lack of democracy .

    Votes: 70 22.0%
  • Celebrate the good news .

    Votes: 87 27.4%
  • Campaign for another election.

    Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Something else.

    Votes: 45 14.2%
  • Emigrate .

    Votes: 20 6.3%

  • Total voters
    318
Anarchy, acts of terror, crimes against the public.










To combat it I've got special men – experts from the army, the police, from every service – these are the professionals
 
I think that considering 17.4 million to be a majority of our 65 million population is the problem... 37% of the British population voted for brexit. Admittedly far too many of the remaining 63% didn't vote at all, probably at least in part because they were bamboozled by all the misinformation being thrown around during the campaign. I think the result would be very different now if there were to be a second referendum; better knowledge of what's at stake, the death rate among the older generation who voted disproportionately for Leave and the number of young people who were too young to vote in 2016 but are able to do so now - and would overwhelmingly vote for Remain - would all influence a change in the result. And I think all this is well recognised by brexiteers whose protestations against a second vote reveal their fear that they would lose. After all, if they were convinced of their arguments they'd be pretty sure of winning a second time and would have nothing to worry about...
More people voted in the referendum than in any GE for a long time.
Most of those who didn't vote did not do so due to being too young, in prison or other forms of detention.
I do accept that the young would mostly vote for remain but this would be because they will be naïve and not understand what is at stake.
TBH I think the voting age should go back to 21.
 
More people voted in the referendum than in any GE for a long time.
Most of those who didn't vote did not do so due to being too young, in prison or other forms of detention.
I do accept that the young would mostly vote for remain but this would be because they will be naïve and not understand what is at stake.
TBH I think the voting age should go back to 21.
@amazing__lobster you gave this a dumb.
Please try and explain why.
 
I voted to remain. But the deliberate manipulation of events to hand all power in the negotiations to the other side, so we can be forced into a deal which suits the belief of our own ruling elite - is the single most shameful episode in the modern history of this country.

Their job was not do what they thought was right, but to do what the electorate told them to.

For our parliament to show such willing subservience to (or complicity with) a belligerent overseas authority, and lack any form of courage or conviction that a future outside EU had any form of advantage to it, has utterly disgusted me. God help us in the future if we actually faced a true threat to our existence - we are utter gonners with people like this in charge.

The precedent this sets has repercussions way beyond the Leave vs Brexit rift.

Personally, I will never vote for any of these mainstream parties again unless No Deal is forced upon us, and someone with balls emerges who I believe can deliver a success of life outside the EU.

I have no expectation this will happen.
 
I think that considering 17.4 million to be a majority of our 65 million population is the problem... 37% of the British population voted for brexit. Admittedly far too many of the remaining 63% didn't vote at all, probably at least in part because they were bamboozled by all the misinformation being thrown around during the campaign. I think the result would be very different now if there were to be a second referendum; better knowledge of what's at stake, the death rate among the older generation who voted disproportionately for Leave and the number of young people who were too young to vote in 2016 but are able to do so now - and would overwhelmingly vote for Remain - would all influence a change in the result. And I think all this is well recognised by brexiteers whose protestations against a second vote reveal their fear that they would lose. After all, if they were convinced of their arguments they'd be pretty sure of winning a second time and would have nothing to worry about...
A wee problem with your calculations, and assumptions. A lot of the 63% didn't vote for a very simple reason. The population of any country starts from birth. Therefore many of your "missing" voters were having their nappies changed, starting school, squeezing their first *plook etc. I've spelt it out for the benefit of you and others who've tried to explain how the figures don't add up.

Let's look at the ones who are eligible to vote now, if there was a second referendum. They would qualify, but what about the next lot of 16-18 year olds, they'd dip out! Try again in another two years? You'd still have people dipping out because the election would be just before their birthday! Carry this on ad infinitum? Or what you really want is until we vote the "right"way, then that's fine. Democracy has succeeded, in the remain camp anyway.

I'm going to have a word with my MP regarding Brexit. He's got a massive majority with no chance of being ousted. Depending on the answers he gives me regarding us leaving the EU, I will ask him if he wins at the next GE, will he stand down in favour of someone who's obtained less votes than him. We all know what his answer will be, and my next line of attack too!

In the meantime here's some facts. Check them, get back to me and tell me where I'm wrong.
In January this year the Government lost by the largest margin ever, 230 votes. By an even greater number,491, the HoC on the 9(?) June 2015 put the decision to remain or leave the EU into our hands. Up until the 23 June 2016 there were two deals on offer, remain or leave. After the result the deal left on the table was leave, yet we've still not left! See #482 by RCT(V). Head, nail, hit!

By the way, thanks for the death wish. I may do disagree strongly with remainers, but I wouldn't dream of them loosing their vote through them dying.

*word from over The Wall meaning spot, zit
 
I think that considering 17.4 million to be a majority of our 65 million population is the problem... 37% of the British population voted for brexit. Admittedly far too many of the remaining 63% didn't vote at all, probably at least in part because they were bamboozled by all the misinformation being thrown around during the campaign. I think the result would be very different now if there were to be a second referendum; better knowledge of what's at stake, the death rate among the older generation who voted disproportionately for Leave and the number of young people who were too young to vote in 2016 but are able to do so now - and would overwhelmingly vote for Remain - would all influence a change in the result. And I think all this is well recognised by brexiteers whose protestations against a second vote reveal their fear that they would lose. After all, if they were convinced of their arguments they'd be pretty sure of winning a second time and would have nothing to worry about...
Where to start with this....

Bamboozled? No they just couldn’t be bothered, it was not like it t was a secret was it.

I’d genuinely like to see evidence of death rates versus voting intentions??

The main reason for not having another vote is we’ve had one , the choice was clear, remain or leave. We chose leave, what happens if it’s the same split next time different result, best of 3, 5, 7 :clap::clap:

Even our venal self serving useless politicians realise a second vote is toxic.

As it happens & as we are engaging in non fact based muttering I believe any further referendum would be a rather larger victory for leave...
 

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You can't surrender man, you're British.

Perhaps some music and a song will help

1. There was an old farmer in Sussex did dwell,
And he had a bad wife, as many knew well.
2. Then Satan came to the old man at the plough,
One of your family I must have now.
3. It is not your eldest son that I crave,
But it is your old wife, and she I will have.
4. O, welcome! good Satan, with all my heart,
I hope you and she will never more part.
5. Now Satan has got the old wife on his back,
And he lugged her along, like a pedlar's pack.
6. He trudged away till they came to his hall-gate,
Says he, Here! take in an old Sussex chap's mate!
7. O! then she did kick the young imps about,
Says one to the other, 'Let's try turn her out.'
8. She spied thirteen imps all dancing in chains,
She up with her pattens, and beat out their brains.
9. She knocked the old Satan against the wall,
Let's try turn her out, or she'll murder us all!
10. Now he's bundled her up on his back again,
And to her old husband he took her again.
11. I have been a tormenter the whole of my life,
But I ne'er was tormented till I met with your wife.

(Last line and fourth last line edited for spelling)
A rather catchy tune:applaud:
 

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
a 3rd vote on mrs may's deal?
what is this, the best of 3 or go at it till she wins that could take years!
she should go now, before we are laughed at even more by the eu
Sssh now, the DUP probably have a plan for the next donation. Third time lucky, good enough to get brexit pushed through at a third try.
Yet not enough for a people’s vote based on time and honesty.
 

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t know, I’m getting to the stage where I’m past caring, the country is fecked anyhow, taxes always going up, bills going up but services going down.
I fecking surrender.
They could probably have funded another NHS for the money brexit has cost us in the last couple of years.
 
Sssh now, the DUP probably have a plan for the next donation. Third time lucky, good enough to get brexit pushed through at a third try.
Yet not enough for a people’s vote based on time and honesty.
We had a people's vote, remember?
YOU LOST
 
Why not take a more optimistic view. Suppose we do get forced to remain in the EU. We'll still have our own currency, the good old Pound Sterling. That's an independent currency. So it won't get devalued if the EU's unicorn "euro" eventually collapses, as seems not unlikely.

And we still have the English Channel, so we can't get invaded by any EU army. Heck, if the mighty German Wehrmacht didn't even try to invade in 1940, can you see an EU army composed of the disparate elements of 26 countries succeeding?

Besides, we've got an atomic ace up our sleeve. In the form of 4 RN Vanguard SSBN's. Each sub can deliver 40 100KT nuclear warheads, if we get really riled. Only the French have a similar capacity. So they're the only country we should be careful of. The rest of the EU we can disregard.

Looks reassuring, doesn't it?
 

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
They could probably have funded another NHS for the money brexit has cost us in the last couple of years.
That’s what the mrs and I have been saying, just how much as this cost?
I dread to think what the bill is so far.
 

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We had a people's vote, remember?
YOU LOST
We had a people's vote before, 40 odd years of dripping and whining then we got another vote which was narrowly won on lies, fraud and deceit.
All they're looking for is a straight vote now that most people have some sort of a clue what's happening.


All I was doing was pointing out the one rule for the PM and one for the rest of the people.

And there's no need to shout. I can read.
 

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
That’s what the mrs and I have been saying, just how much as this cost?
I dread to think what the bill is so far.
Get one of the finance geniuses to count up losses to. Business, trade, jobs, the pound against other currencies, bribes and money that Graylings cost us.
I think it would be 'a lot'.
 
We had a people's vote before, 40 odd years of dripping and whining then we got another vote which was narrowly won on lies, fraud and deceit.
All they're looking for is a straight vote now that most people have some sort of a clue what's happening.


All I was doing was pointing out the one rule for the PM and one for the rest of the people.

And there's no need to shout. I can read.
EEC is not the EU
 
We had a people's vote before, 40 odd years of dripping and whining then we got another vote which was narrowly won on lies, fraud and deceit.
All they're looking for is a straight vote now that most people have some sort of a clue what's happening.
So, humour me on this. Say we do have another vote, and Remain win. Do us Leavers get to take you to court, and generally kick off and force another vote after that?
How about after that re-run, or the one after that?

My wife voted remain. You should have heard her in the car the other day. It was like she'd suddenly joined ARRSE and read the Leave posts only. Stuff like BBC Bias, May and her government's dodgy behaviour. I asked her if there was another vote, which way she'd vote. Her response was that she'd jump sides, because we had a vote, and the majority won. Now F'king do your job! She also added that she'd switch just to be a pain in the backside to the politicians, and give them a sharp yank on the chain so they remember how things function round here. Equally, the way the EU have acted hasn't exactly covered themselves with glory.
I fear you're wishful thinking about how most of the old racists that voted out have snuffed it is in for an unhappy disillusionment, as you didn't factor in the sheer bloody minded nature of the British.

I don't know which way the Neverendum would go, I have a suspicion that even with the BBC rolling on project fear permanently it wouldn't be easy as a lot of te remain camp like to think.


Also, you're suggestion that we had a vote forty years ago is a bit null and void, otherwise we'd only ever have one election. But the situation changes and people are allowed to change their minds when presented with the facts.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 2619
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 138

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top