What will you do if Brexit is reversed / doesn't happen ?

If Brexit is reversed and doesn't happen what will you do?

• Go postal and fire bomb government buildings .

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Put my gillet vert on and protest.

Votes: 39 12.4%
  • Stop paying taxes and refuse to cooperate with any government department .

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Absolutely nothing and put up with the lack of democracy .

Votes: 70 22.3%
  • Celebrate the good news .

Votes: 86 27.4%
  • Campaign for another election.

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Something else.

Votes: 45 14.3%
  • Emigrate .

Votes: 20 6.4%

• Total voters
It always amuses me that people who spent the past two years going on about "democracy" and "the sovereignty of Parliament" are the ones getting most excited about the actual sovereignty of Parliament, and the potential for democracy to be expressed by the elected representatives of the UK, and its Government.

It's almost as if democracy doesn't really matter, and it's really only about them getting their own way.

Frankly, anyone who starts getting all excited about the possibility of "riots if the Government doesn't pick my preferred option and do what I demand" is no better than PIRA and their supporters. Whose reasoning, you may recall, was similarly "do what we want, or else"
Maybe because we thought maybe, just maybe, politicians would put away partisanship and do as the country instructed them. Now we are watching politicians, some of whom never wanted Brexit, and crucially have the power to do something about it, wreck every step of the process for getting out.
I dont want riots, but if a bunch of inner city twats went rioting over some wannabe gangster getting the good news a few years ago, then i am expecting some violent protests over what must rank as one of the most divisive political issue since Cromwell, if not full blown riots. Especially if our elected representatives have quite clearly shafted us in Parliament

All thanks to the EU. Ever since the referendum has the EU/German establishment ever asked the question of itself 'how did we loose the trust of the British people'?

btw, I live a short crow's ( smile ) flight from the site of the Battle of Sedgemoor the last land battle on England's green and pleasant fields, caused in part and supported because of distrust of the London establishment. OK we lost that time. I now depart to the shed to sharpen the pitchforks and look out the odd rusty musket.
As long as you don't mention the SLR

Well, this Britain so, I for one, will probably get really passive aggressive. I might even use sarcasm, if the situation calls for it.
Seriously though, this looks like the last chance of mainstream parties to make themselves relevant.

I'm looking at the taxes I pay and how to avoid them. I have always played by the rules but the last few days have made me see a bit clearer. Any advice on how to avoid VAT?
Simple, don't buy anything except tax free items

Hyperbolic remark of the year. And it is only March. Like PIRA?! Really?
It's exactly the same methodology. "Give us our political rights or we'll kill people." Only difference is that PIRA are/were Irish.

Of course, if those hinting darkly at trouble don't intend to kill anyone then the govt can and will just shrug its collective shoulders.

It's exactly the same methodology. "Give us our political rights or we'll kill people." Only difference is that PIRA are/were Irish.

Of course, if those hinting darkly at trouble don't intend to kill anyone then the govt can and will just shrug its collective shoulders.
Ok, so knowing that no matter what you vote for, as part of the winning majority, you won’t get it - how do you expect to make someone honour the result?

A strongly worded Twitter post or maybe light a candle and hope?

And your IRA analogy is bollocks, for a whole mess of reasons.

ugly

LE
I was going to post a sensible reply but realise it’s probably futile to explain why you’re an imbecile.

You’re literally the stupidest human being alive.

That pretty much sums it up.
Oh I disagree, he is merely pointing out stuff, the really stupid people are on my ignore list, a little gloating never hurt

Oh I disagree, he is merely pointing out stuff, the really stupid people are on my ignore list, a little gloating never hurt
Wasn’t really about the gloating, it was the silly argument about sovereignty of parliament being used, variations of which seem to be doing the rounds.

And particularly the analogy with PIRA/IRA being the same as the disenfranchised majority of a free, democratic vote.

ugly

LE
a 3rd vote on mrs may's deal?
what is this, the best of 3 or go at it till she wins that could take years!
she should go now, before we are laughed at even more by the eu
To be honest I am a no deal leaver but this is democracy at work something the Eu doesn't get. The problem is you are pointing at the wrong person!
Actually the person that should be at traitors gate is Mrs Balls, Yvette Cooper, for it is she that pushed the members bill amendment allowing Parliament to vote. Hopefully she will join her odious husband on the dole queue next GE!

agree mrs balls is an odious parasite who is beefing it up in front of the tv to look good for votes.
the whole thing is now in free fall, i have a feeling macron will vote against a extension as he said he would do.
hope some in the eu remember that if we go without a deal tariffs on goods coming in might get higher taxed.
you crap on us and we give it back in taxes!

Hyperbolic remark of the year. And it is only March. Like PIRA?! Really?
Well, given that I was replying to a post from @RCT(V) that was terribly excited about the possibility of blowing up Parliament or burning it down, it seemed reasonable to ask?

I mean, suggesting that because the democratic institutions have failed to give you the result you want (as opposed to the one decided on by the majority of elected representatives), and that violence is therefore justified, seems... slightly familiar...

Ok, so knowing that no matter what you vote for, as part of the winning majority, you won’t get it - how do you expect to make someone honour the result?

A strongly worded Twitter post or maybe light a candle and hope?

And your IRA analogy is bollocks, for a whole mess of reasons.
The only way we're not going to leave the EU is if there's a second referendum that says "No". As far as I know, no party is talking about just withdrawing Article 50. Sounds democratic enough to me.

And although it wasn't "my" IRA analogy, the threat or use of violence to achieve your political ends is commonly referred to as terrorism (unless governments do it ... a whole different discussion). I'm sure anyone who was involved in PIRA would say their "armed struggle" was justified because it was the only way to achieve a united Ireland, and the UDA/UVF would say their actions were justified because they were a response to those of the IRA, etc. So anyone who threatens or uses violence on the grounds that "it's undemocratic to hold a second referendum and perhaps stay in the EU" is no better than PIRA.

Just less well-organized, in all probability.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 63
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 137