What will you do if Brexit is reversed / doesn't happen ?

If Brexit is reversed and doesn't happen what will you do?

• Go postal and fire bomb government buildings .

Votes: 28 11.0%
  • Put my gillet vert on and protest.

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • Stop paying taxes and refuse to cooperate with any government department .

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Absolutely nothing and put up with the lack of democracy .

Votes: 56 22.0%
  • Celebrate the good news .

Votes: 69 27.2%
  • Campaign for another election.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Something else.

Votes: 39 15.4%
  • Emigrate .

Votes: 12 4.7%

• Total voters
I would only touch margarine if there was no butter left. Even then I doubt whether I would actually eat it.
It's dual-purpose. I can grease the axle of my chariot as I hurtle over Hadrian's Wall in my post-brexit wasteland.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
All three get regularly played in my gaff.
Not saying there aren't a couple of bazzing tracks (Not now John, Two suns in the sunset) but Final Cut was rejected by the others for good reason. Being able simply to ask Alexa to play these two⬆ is great.

I used to think if Brexit was reversed, there would be riots in every city in the country. Now I think apathy has taken over, largely because of the drip-drip method we have been fed the bad news

Maybe it is not too late to articulate that . . .

if - immediately after the Brexit Referendum - the UK had taken the initiative and declared that the UK would only accept a,

No-Deal - “Hard” - WTO terms severance/departure from the EU,​

the UK could/should have spent the last two years working with confidence - from a position of certainty - negotiating and preparing positively and productively towards a,

No-Deal - “Hard” - WTO terms severance/departure from the EU.​

As “Architects-of-Our-Own-Destiny” we could have been picking-and-choosing new deals and agreements, with new partners with whom we wished to negotiate and on terms dictated by ourselves.

Instead, we have wasted two years spent (WARNING: mixed metaphors), in a supine position; tugging-our-forelocks; dancing to the tune; dictated by the resentful and vengeful oligarchs of the EU.

If it is NOT too late, than the UK should immediately declare NOW, that we shall only accept a,

No-Deal - “Hard” - WTO terms severance/departure from the EU.​

I used to think if Brexit was reversed, there would be riots in every city in the country. Now I think apathy has taken over, largely because of the drip-drip method we have been fed the bad news

My personal sampling of vox pop whilst shopping this morning is a general sense of relief that we have a few grown-ups in charge.

As “Architects-of-Our-Own-Destiny” we could have been picking-and-choosing new deals and agreements, with new partners with whom we wished to negotiate and on terms dictated by ourselves.
Unless, of course, those new partners didn't fancy being dictated to and left us to try tango-ing on our own for a bit until reality came crashing home.

Unless, of course, those new partners didn't fancy being dictated to and left us to try tango-ing on our own for a bit until reality came crashing home.
There is, of course, a queue of potential trading partners waiting to have terms dictated to them.

Maintaining a stable Government would be an immediate benefit instead of the badly-drawn caricature of our present one.

Minimise the economic impact while a no-deal brexit is planned for properly.

Then carry out a no-deal brexit.

This has to.be an all or nothing issue. The EU is intractible and so are Leave's requirements. We leave under a properly organised schedule. Not something that's clearly unacceptable to at least one side....and been done on the back of a figurative fag packet.
Utterly brilliant.

Of course, this all presupposes the EU goons would happily sit on their hands as we spend two years digging Tom, Dick and Harry after walking away from Brexit 1, whistling.

That's the spirit. When all else fails a pigheaded unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.
Could apply to as many remain voters as leave voters. Don't let that fact spoil your tea.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It would have been an entirely different story had remain won thought. Wouldn't it?
I really fail to see the remainiacs love of the EU.
We certainly wouldn't have had this total waste of time, effort and money. A complete hosing of our reputation and influence.

As for our appreciation of the EU, its role in world peace*, trade deals inside and outside the eurozone. Large bloc for sanctions on behalf of members as they're required.
Corbyn would be a minor footnote. IDS would spend more time in obscurity, I wouldn't get to see so much bollocks spouted by the DUP.

*There may be some sarcasm.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I think many Brexiteers do have a clue .....it's just that anyone who remotely supports Brexit or could negotiate a decent deal and make it work has been kept well away from the process .
It's almost like it's deliberate ;-)
I'd agree, how else do you explain putting IDS, Davidson and Johnson in charge of anything crucial.
They didn't even bother keeping Gove around as window dressing in case he did something right.

I shall harrumph briefly from behind the paper which will cause a minor rustling noise I will then possibly make a small comment about politicians without removing my pipe (filled with "uncle @jarrod248 special rough shag"). Obviously there will be no further mention of the incident.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skylog The Intelligence Cell 8
Electromagnetic Brexit 71
S11Blade Brexit 535