What will they be playing at your funeral?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by SNLR86, Feb 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Countless suggestions for appropriate tunes to mark Jade Goody's passing have got me thinking. If we don't tell the nearest and dearest of our own preferences, somebody else gets to choose our farewell tunes.

My own dear lady, who never served, has always said that she wants Oliver's Army played at her funeral. No idea what I want though, just as long as it isn't Robbie bloody Williams and Angels.

Are any of you lot more organised and already notified everyone? What have you gone for?

Just being nosey...

2. People = Shit by Slipknot.

3. 'Ding dong the witch is dead' from Wizard of Oz will probably be played at mine :D

4. Hell's Bells by AC/DC

or

I should be so lucky by Kylie Minogue

I haven't quite decided yet.

5. Agadoo - Black Lace

6. "Stairway to Heaven" Led Zep

7. Probably ????? I'll make sure it is :wink:

8. Welcome to Hell by Venom for me...

9. Bat out of hell...........Meatloaf

10. AAAAAAAAAAAgaaaaaaaaaaaadooo by Black Lace :twisted: See who can carry a coffin whilst doing the hand movements!

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Firestarter- by the prodigy

12. Sinnerman - Nina Simone

13. That's what I tell the Fenian Bride will be played at hers - in the unlikely event she should predecease me.

I however have expressed a wish for the coffin to be removed from the church to the sound of East St Louis Toodle-loo by Steely Dan. A recording would be fine but I would quite like a street Jazz band if at all possible.

Going in, I will of course have a lone piper, covered by a crack marksman. He will be under strict orders to shoot the piper if at any time he even looks like breaking into that bloody awful "Highland Cathedral"!