What will the Germans do with JHQ?

Guru,

That's the fella alright. He was NRPS I think even then as he had retired from the Parachute Regiment. Top bloke to, especially as Mess Manager at ARRC Mess. Regimental dinners were always run properly (ie in a military fashion) not the usual SODHEXO cafe.

Glad to hear he's still about.

B

Biscuits_AB

It'll be a shame when they do close it down. I have very fond memories of that place. Fighting with the lezzers from 29 Coy WRAC (as was), sticking to the Marly floor, sleeping in the car when you didn't cop off/got filled in by her girlfriend, the little PX, etc, etc, etc. Being able to nip over to Holland for a night out.

It is still just as good Biscuits, just different with less real troops around the place, the fights tend to be alittle less real and more like handbags!!

The-Goose said:
I have to agree with you Mr frog. As the skatepark is directly opposite the RMP station it is not the best spot to spliff up.
You'd be surprised. I was there around the time the little shelter next to the skate park got smashed up - Monkeys knew nothing of it til the next day!

B

Biscuits_AB

The-Goose said:
It is still just as good Biscuits, just different with less real troops around the place, the fights tend to be alittle less real and more like handbags!!
Is that because the lesbian poulation has been reduced since the demise of the WRAC?

Frankly, who gives a to$$ what the boxheads do with it after they (re)take over the place. Once it's theirs (again), they can do whatever they like with it for all I care.

What concerns me more is how much of the UK taxpayers money - and the MoD budget - is going to be frittered away on the place prior to handover. That money could - should - be spent on the dire military housing in the UK. How much has the 'accommodation' budget been further squeezed to pay for the latest UORs???

Biscuits_AB said:
The-Goose said:
Is that because the lesbian poulation has been reduced since the demise of the WRAC?
No but they are all now living together as "couples" - very PC!!

Adjutant said:
The building, designed as a hospital and with previous experience as a hospital is still there. Well it was this afternoon when I looked... so if needed, it wouldn't take too long to convert it back to being.... a hospital.

The Big House, never used as a hospital, never designed to be a hospital, would be very unlikely to cut the mustard as a hospital...

It does a good job as a pre-fabricated, dysfunctional office complex which no civilian organisation would touch with a barge-pole, so is quite likely to get flattened.
. . . you forgot the bit about the humungous and irremediable fire hazard associated with its long corridors and shortage of emergency exits . . . . so - you're almost certainly right.

Whatis it with Outstanding - I'm beginning to think he sees a permanent Brit military presence in JHQ as having been ordained in the Bible.

It was a temporary quirk of history. Let it go, and move on FFS: I doubt I'll be in my grave before the British Army is almost entirely UK-based.

Aside from dinky remnants like Cyprus, it's not as if we've a far-flung Empire to garrison any more, the Krauts are (nominally) our allies, the Russians may be posing, but don't really present a conventional threat . . . need I go on? :roll:

What is it with the MOD. I have figured out a new way to tell if garrisons will be closing down. Dont know if anybody remembers Osnatraz about 3/4 years ago.... They built two nice new Z-Type blocks on Quebec Bks and Project SLAM'd most of Kleine Moscow.............only to decide that they are moving out next year, brilliant.
From what i gather about JHQ and Elmpt, they are doing exactly the same.

On another note, I bet ARRC Sp Bn, 16 and 7 Sigs, and the AAC lot have loads and loads of fun cleaning those two respective camps until their fingers bleed and they want to kill themselves. Makes me glad i left germany for sunny blighty last year, get out while you can gents!!!!!!!!

It is / was a very well kept secret that the Officers Club at JHQ hosted the hottest disco on the planet every Saturday night. There was posh totty - Colonel's daughters and the like - all aged about 17 from wall to wall. And any subaltern with a few bob about his person suitably decked out in cherry colored cords could easily swerve round the impoverished student types and pull easily. It will be greatly missed. :)

I was there back in 85-88 and also 98-01 and will always have find memories of the first tour. The Marly with 68 Sqn & 29 WRAC (always good for a fight) and the Queensway where the better totty went (RAF chicks). Then outside the camp to Pops and Eddies and walk back to camp through the wood.

Back to topic, even Hitler would not send his troops to the marshland due to the mossies and other nasties that struck his troopers down, but, we Brits of course would build there, it was cheap. The local farmer made a nice little earner from his useless land.

Outstanding said:
.... What do you think Herman will do with these two areas.
What about the Golf Course?
A brothel with on site chicken ranch, as found in the US & as a note looking through thier site they give a reasonable forces discount.

Chicken Ranch

Ah, JHQ. Suggested I visit the Belgie Bar on a Friday afternoon when I was visiting from UK many years ago. "But take your rank slides off" I was advised. "Better still, go in civvies".

OK, what's this place all about? I soon found out. A young good-looking WRAC (I know, but she was!) came across as my back was against the wall and asked me if I'd buy her a drink. So, on delivering the said bottle, she started laying down the ground rules.

"Are you married accompanied? Do you want to shag me? Fancy a BJ?"

Answers given: "Yes, yes and if you must!"

Honest to the big man above, we went back to the Mess and spent an amazing weekend getting fuked to bits.

Nice place JHQ!