What will the Germans do with JHQ?

Might get an answer on this thread as it's current.

Served in JHQ 00/01. Is the Sp Bn Mess still there? If so, does anybody know what happened to the Mess Manager, a certain former member of the trg staff at Browning Bks when P Coy was still there?

Must be the US Bob Hope!

the_guru said:
Outstanding in JHQ thread.....FFS

One trick pony or what..
Outstanding? Obsessing more like. The man's clearly a cnut.

PoisonDwarf said:
Must be the US Bob Hope!
Don't understand what you mean with this but if you refer to Haus Hellbach, it was complertely redone last year, in fact improved on as better materials were used to increase its weatherproofing and externally it is once again restored to its original condition. There remains an interior partition that would have to be removed but otherwise it is looking really good.

Outstanding said:
PoisonDwarf said:
Must be the US Bob Hope!
Don't understand what you mean with this but if you refer to Haus Hellbach, it was complertely redone last year, in fact improved on as better materials were used to increase its weatherproofing and externally it is once again restored to its original condition. There remains an interior partition that would have to be removed but otherwise it is looking really good.[/quote]

Brilliant, another fine waste of money :roll:

Hey, Poison by name Poison by Nature

looking at my watch I gather that you have obviously been at the vodka again - old habits die hard, tsk tsk.

Unlike you I always look forward to Outstandings input on a variety of subjects - he is well informed and sparks controversy.

I note that you have almost THREE THOUSAND postings...s**t how many is that a day ...lots and lots and lots. Few people have enough time/so few interests/little to do that you have time to spend reading and writing all day - you are clearly a RO in the Big House who shares his working hours between ARRSE and EBay. Where does the work bit fit in ?

I look forward to the closure of JHQ & parasites like you having to look for work (& won't be easy for you will it with your history !) and then to work for a living at real time wages.

Cheer up mate, have another big one and look at SITVAC.

agoodgrouping said:
Hey, Poison by name Poison by Nature

looking at my watch I gather that you have obviously been at the vodka again - old habits die hard, tsk tsk.

Unlike you I always look forward to Outstandings input on a variety of subjects - he is well informed and sparks controversy.

I note that you have almost THREE THOUSAND postings...s**t how many is that a day ...lots and lots and lots. Few people have enough time/so few interests/little to do that you have time to spend reading and writing all day - you are clearly a RO in the Big House who shares his working hours between ARRSE and EBay. Where does the work bit fit in ?

I look forward to the closure of JHQ & parasites like you having to look for work (& won't be easy for you will it with your history !) and then to work for a living at real time wages.

Cheer up mate, have another big one and look at SITVAC.
Brilliant! :D :D

You know fcuk all.

Time to get back in your box methinks............

Over4MeNow said:
Might get an answer on this thread as it's current.

Served in JHQ 00/01. Is the Sp Bn Mess still there? If so, does anybody know what happened to the Mess Manager, a certain former member of the trg staff at Browning Bks when P Coy was still there?
T**y H***d you mean?

I believe that he retired and is currently the Mess Manager of the RASU Mess.

He is a fcuking great fella. My daughter still looks out for the Bradford Bulls results.

Oh and Mr Goodgrouping....you wouldn't be Outstanding with a bit of multiple log in action going on....?
Outstanding will dry up and blow away when JHQ closes. He will have NOTHING to talk about.

Do they intend spending any more money on the place? Last time I was there, there were a good number of houses which had been refurbished all just stood empty. The money a certain RMP Officer had spent on his forensics 'storeroom' was a complete waste as well.

Provost_Marshal[i][b] said:
Do they intend spending any more money on the place? [/b][/i] Last time I was there, there were a good number of houses which had been refurbished all just stood empty. The money a certain RMP Officer had spent on his forensics 'storeroom' was a complete waste as well.
I fcuking hope not.

The amount of money the Army spends on giving back Camps is woeful.

Give them the Camp as we found it, with nothing :evil:

Planning is ongoing to spend more money as the Project has not recieved full budgetary approval and we still have people living there. The money spent on PUMA and New SLA will be lost, JHQ itself is no problem as we can simply walk away with out any furtjer refurbishment. The airfield at Elmpt/Bruggen is more difficult and requires the expenditure by HMG of over £20 million to restore the environment. Don't think anyone really planned on that!!??

I would hope that they don't spend anymore of the tax payers money on the place if they intend to shut it down. Look what happened with BMH Rinteln and BMH Iserlohn. They spent millions and then gave them to the Germans who couldn't use them, as they couldn't afford the running costs for a surplus hospital. I think Rinteln ended up as some scaled down medical centre .

It is ridiculas that the MOD would spend anything on JHQ or Elmpt, but they will.

The MOD have no idea how to close a camp.

FFS, look at Widenrath, Herford, Krefeld, etc,

What a waste of tax-payers money, more suited to Ops.

I heard the Luftwaffe will be moving into Elmpt and recommissioning the hangars and airfield. If that fails Elmpt will turn into a select housing development for the rich with a golf course as their back yard. Sounds good to me !!!!

Apart from the skatepark which proves to be a great place to get your kids on weed, I dont think any money has been spent on JHQ for a while.

Provost_Marshal said:
I would hope that they don't spend anymore of the tax payers money on the place if they intend to shut it down. Look what happened with BMH Rinteln and BMH Iserlohn. They spent millions and then gave them to the Germans who couldn't use them, as they couldn't afford the running costs for a surplus hospital. I think Rinteln ended up as some scaled down medical centre .
The concern at Elmpt is one of pollution on a fairly grand scale, the restorative costs are astronomical.