What will Old hands continue to wear with MTP

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
With the switch to MTP there won't be the opportunity to wear Tropicals/Jungles, pre 95 smocks, knackered old windproof smocks etc which hint at an long exotic past.

What items do old lags hope to accessorise themselves with in the brave new world.

I expect I will continue to wear my 44 pattern belt from my days in the colonies and may occasionally wear green wool socks.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

With the switch to MTP there won't be the opportunity to wear Tropicals/Jungles, pre 95 smocks, knackered old windproof smocks etc which hint at an long exotic past.

What items do old lags hope to accessorise themselves with in the brave new world.

I expect I will continue to wear my 44 pattern belt from my days in the colonies and may occasionally wear green wool socks.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.
I am currently collecting OG PLCE to build a replacement for my DPM belt kit, and I wasn't even in when OG PLCE was issued!

Although I'm told I should be in Blackhawk to advertise my stock.....

Still wearing my 58 Pattern web belt!

And I'm guessing MTP/PCS trousers still have belt loops?

So......................

Shirts green scratchy, No. 2 dress tie, coveralls, blackened webbing gaiters and '44 patt belt & brasses, ammo boots, topped off with a DPM forage cap at a suitably raffish angle - what else?

Got to be the wooly pully. It adds a bit of retro style to any ensemble!

The PT shorts you had to iron a crease into. Or lightweight trousers and the new warmth layer.

GBTD

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
Twitter: @goatbagthedruid

"When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table"

Re 58 belts - it's amusing to see so many platoon commanders/section commanders looking ever so smart in smock and '58 belt - they must have been about 7 when '58 pattern webbing was withdrawn.

Cool to pull a white china mug out and a glass ashtray out of your MTP smock for a brew and a fag, then get your head down in a 58 Pattern Sleeping bag.