• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

What will happen to Expats post Brexit ?

To be fair , without the touristo's dosh, most of Spain, Greece , etc, would have stayed exactly how they were in the 1900's ...run down, dusty, uneconomical , feudal like shitholes...

It doesn't and never will excuse Brits or anyone else going over there acting like uncouth, ignorant tw@ts but if the 'Victims' of this 'summer invasion' felt that strongly, they could always shut down their restaurants, Hotels, hire shops and beach activity stalls, and go back to sitting in the sun drinking coffeee and doing feck all while enjoying the pleasures of having no fecking money....it worked in Greece - oh wait!

Unfortunately, having to put up with Foreign louts or just stuck up faux posh cnuts who attempt to lord it over you is part of the game if you want the 'olly dey' euro's. .....just like when they charge you as a visitor 10 - 15 times the going rate for everyday items or the food you eat, etc.

All part of the game....feel free to step of that hamster wheel anytime you like.
Wasnt complaining about the average beerswilling ,grab a granny costa tourist ,but the plane loads of cheating gits that come to the costas to jump the hospital waiting lists in UK, over running spanish emergency depts, with their fake injuries and ailments, it happens every year,hopefully the spanish health services can stop it this year.the patients who are a bit miffed are the ones having to wait another 3 to 6 months for their surgery

Easier said than done. Most expats (or immigrants to pacify some of the rabidouts) live in Spain.
You require continuous residency for 10 years or more, have to show a fluent knowledge of the Spanish language, pass a test on history and culture of Spain in Spanish and show integration into the Spanish life like being a member of a neighbourhood group or citizens assistance organisation.
You also have to give up your British nationality.

Expats (or immigrants again) are supposed to get charged unless they are over pensionable age and have an S1 form which means they have paid UK NI for at least 35 years (which is pretty fair).
The fault is in the NHS not collecting payments because it's beneath them to charge for medical cover.

Nonsense! All you remoaners claim the EU gives us freedom of movement and residency!

Wut?

The EU isn’t the we’re all one big happy family EUtopia the fanboys claim?

About 8 years me and my wife (together with dogs) settled down in a little village deep in the Bayerischer Wald. When the UK voted for Brexit we decided to apply for German citizenship.
After a couple of visits to our Landratsamt and a very helpful Beamter we took the Einbürgerungstest (Citizenship) which was dead easy and a Sprachprüfung to B1 level.
Flash to bang time was 20 weeks. Three weeks after receiving citizenship papers I now have GE Reisepass and Personalausweis.

Nonsense! All you remoaners claim the EU gives us freedom of movement and residency!

Wut?

WTF are you on about? It's been pointed out many, many times (although with you having the memory span of a goldfish it's easy to forget) that freedom of movement is for 3 months only.
It's only UK that doesn't stick to the EU rules on residency requirements after that 3 months is up.
Blaming the EU for a UK failing seems pretty much par for you.
Who you gonna blame after we leave?

Wasnt complaining about the average beerswilling ,grab a granny costa tourist ,but the plane loads of cheating gits that come to the costas to jump the hospital waiting lists in UK, over running spanish emergency depts, with their fake injuries and ailments, it happens every year,hopefully the spanish health services can stop it this year.the patients who are a bit miffed are the ones having to wait another 3 to 6 months for their surgery

Fair one.

I suppose that in a roundabout way, everyone is doing what seems best for them at the time ....have a little Op then recover in the Sun for a bit...maybe the Brits who do it justify it by saying that it's their Tax and NI dosh that went out to these countries in the first place, and if we didn't have 'dem dere foreeners doing the blinking same thing here - and we're paying for it ' they'd be no queues or waiting lists for Ops in the NHS Hospitals?

Yep, we all have the ability to self justify our actions .....most of it is BS but that's what happens when demands aren't met.

About 8 years me and my wife (together with dogs) settled down in a little village deep in the Bayerischer Wald. When the UK voted for Brexit we decided to apply for German citizenship.
After a couple of visits to our Landratsamt and a very helpful Beamter we took the Einbürgerungstest (Citizenship) which was dead easy and a Sprachprüfung to B1 level.
Flash to bang time was 20 weeks. Three weeks after receiving citizenship papers I now have GE Reisepass and Personalausweis.

Good, don't be coming home back 'ere then ;-)

Congratulations. That's very efficient. Here in France the waiting time is currently about 2 years - if your file is accepted in the first place. Requests from UK citizens have soared since Brexit.

The common questions about French citizenship you need answering

Wut?

Do you wake up and think "What's the best way to make Alf Garnett look like a Liberal" every day?

Keeping your UK passport?

What will happen to Expats post Brexit ?

Rounded up and sent to the reeducation camps of course.

WTF are you on about? It's been pointed out many, many times (although with you having the memory span of a goldfish it's easy to forget) that freedom of movement is for 3 months only.
It's only UK that doesn't stick to the EU rules on residency requirements after that 3 months is up.
Blaming the EU for a UK failing seems pretty much par for you.
Who you gonna blame after we leave?

Did all them crooks have a problem decamping to the Costas before Spain joined the EU

Keeping your UK passport?
Seriously, prompted by your question I have just now checked and my UK passport expired on 16 March!! It will cost me 102.86 stg for a new passport whereas my GE Reisepass cost me 60€.
My UK passport will be kept as a souvenir (I will still remain a British citizen).

If they bring back border checks, would it be naughty to whistle ‘The Great Escape’ as The Hun border plods check your papieren?
What most Brits don't get is that your average German is not at all bothered about British WW2 jokes and wont even get most of them,i know i've been trying for years and have given up.
Denazifacation certainly worked here i find it a shame that many British numptys seem to have a problem with Britain's post imperialism.
Brittania no longer rules the waves or a third of the world, maybe it's time that some people wake up to this and started living in the present.
Whilst Britain is debating the pros and cons of it's economic suicide the rest of europe and Germany especially are getting on with life and earning very well indeed.
Most Germans i know are not at all chuffed by the Brexit and find it incomprehensible that the Brits could be so naive as to throw their future away.

What most Brits don't get is that your average German is not at all bothered about British WW2 jokes and wont even get most of them,i know i've been trying for years and have given up.
I disagree - The Boxheads I worked with used to come out with some pearlers (usually at Frances expense).

We could never get the design office though to stop coming up with final solutions - ( Mostly died in the wool office wallahs - so it probably wasn't done for comedy effect )

Most Germans i know are not at all chuffed by the Brexit and find it incomprehensible that the Brits could be so naive as to throw their future away.
Most of the French I know dont care, some openly support Brexit and hope they get a chance for Frexit. Many are in favour because Britain has never been truly European and its dabbling on the edges is an embuggarence to the rest of Europe. Ditto the box heads - were called Inselaffa for a reason

The only hostile voice ive encountered - amounted to how dare you leave and drop us in the crap before we get chance to jump ship.

Last edited:
Are you aware that some countries make loosing their nationality almost impossible?
That isn't really the issue with respect All countries have had their nationalities diluted to some extent by virtue of inclusion. It seems however that the nature of reciprocity on charges has been all but forgotten here and we should call our's the IHS, which in many cases it boils down to. It's almost impossible to loose it here, but it can be renounced. I was speaking more bout the fact that "European" health tourists are a fact of life and that the possession of multiple passports/identities aid them in that aim. A tighter control of such documents would be far more desirable.

I disagree - The Boxheads I worked with used to come out with some pearlers (usually at Frances expense).

We could never get the design office though to stop coming up with final solutions - ( Mostly died in the wool office wallahs - so it probably wasn't done for comedy effect )
France that's a fair one,were the boxheads in the UK though?
If yes they were probably just fitting in,if not you were lucky.;)