Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be different following the Coronavirus?

It's not a big leap to make. Had Brexit not had happened we would've had Jeremy Corbyn as PM (as opposed a Tory gov with a massive 80 seat majority) and it's the Tory coronavirus policies that have murdered 40k+.

And things would've been different with JC in charge; his love and compassion would've meant people wouldn't have died in their thousands; we'd have been like NZ is with Jacinda Adern.

So it's all Brexit's fault.

If you're a screamer.
Point of order,unless you are intending to say , that Boris intentionally killed 40k people by the use of Covid, it would imply Boris deliberately imported Covid prior to the last election. And no imho Corbyn hadn’t a chance of winning the election he repeated called for. Parliamentary shenanigans saw to that. Instead we find that Covid was in fact released in China , but let’s not blame the Chinese authorities for that.

Ciggie

GCM
When I watched the second plane hit the tower, I turned around to the then Mrs. simmerit and said ‘we’ve just watched the world change - things are going to be a bit different’.

I wonder what changes are coming following this one. Open borders? Freedom of movement? Not many people around over 65 years of age? Anyone care to speculate what UK plc is going to look like in 2021? Does anyone care?
Dunno if this has been posted already but it popped up on Facefuck today. Wanted to get in and look at the form but don't have an alias email, nor a mobile to make one with. Rather intrusive...want to know where everyone is to make it easier for the snatch squads.

NSP

LE
Dunno if this has been posted already but it popped up on Facefuck today. Wanted to get in and look at the form but don't have an alias email, nor a mobile to make one with. Rather intrusive...want to know where everyone is to make it easier for the snatch squads.

I have to fill one in to get off the boat and go home. It just asks where you've been, where you'll be and for a contact number. You can also indicate any exemption from quarentine (like being a returning seaman). No-one has so far bothered to call me to check that I'm being a good boy when I get home, neither have I been pulled over by Plod wanting "a word."

I have to fill out an official Dutch government declaration that I haven't had any symptoms in the last week, etc. to come into Holland. I fold it up and put it in my seaman's book along with the "key worker" letter from the company and all the other bumf. I hand over passport and seaman's book and the KM in the booth promptly passes the book and contents back and opens my passport. Signals for mask down, takes a squint at the piccie, signals mask on and hands back the passport.

No-one gives a shit really.

Still, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. You should lay off the puff; you wouldn't see government agents everywhere then.

Ciggie

GCM
I have to fill one in to get off the boat and go home. It just asks where you've been, where you'll be and for a contact number. You can also indicate any exemption from quarentine (like being a returning seaman). No-one has so far bothered to call me to check that I'm being a good boy when I get home, neither have I been pulled over by Plod wanting "a word."

I have to fill out an official Dutch government declaration that I haven't had any symptoms in the last week, etc. to come into Holland. I fold it up and put it in my seaman's book along with the "key worker" letter from the company and all the other bumf. I hand over passport and seaman's book and the KM in the booth promptly passes the book and contents back and opens my passport. Signals for mask down, takes a squint at the piccie, signals mask on and hands back the passport.

No-one gives a shit really.

Still, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. You should lay off the puff; you wouldn't see government agents everywhere then.
..and have an informative too...not paranoid at all...well, I think it was Churchill who said A little bit of paranoia is a good thing. Considering politics and politicians don't do what it says on the can and have only their own and their masters' ( who are assuredly not us ) interests in mind,their every move is worth watching, especially these days. Oh, and am currently off the puff n booze for a Buddhist thang...;)

NSP

LE
It's only a small library I have to carry around with me, honest...

Paperwork01.jpg

Ciggie

GCM
That isn't bad at all really. I think if someone is doing something that makes money for someone else, wheels turn. I can look back with near amusement and almost nostalgia at the shite I used to have to put up with annually in Slovakia at the beginning to get and renew residence and work permit. In the early 90s there were only about 30 expats from UK, US and a few other places- we all knew each other and exchanged info...we never ever had the same demands made on us by the foreign police, always something new , whatever took the fancy of the shit you were dealing with and always swathes of documents and unnecessary expense. I rapidly got wise to the mentality and at the expiry one year walked into the office, handed them my residence card and work permit and said These belong to you, so I'm returning them as I am leaving Slovakia and not returning. As I expected this resulted in them closing my file and leaving me alone !
In 2004, after they acceded to the EU, I thought things would be more civilised and applied for permanent residence status...they tried the same bullshit, gave me a long list of docs to acquire. I complied with the bare minimum rationally necessary...about 4 docs and told them if they wouldn't accept them I wanted an explanation as to why in writing, which I would send in complaint to the office of the president ( I really would have)...got my card faster than a fast thing :)

Sport on brink of financial collapse: Covid second wave raises fears clubs and competitions could fold within weeks
Over 100 national and grass-roots governing bodies have signed a letter pleading with the Prime Minister for a major new bail-out

ByTom Morgan ; Ben Rumsby ; Jeremy Wilson ; Matt Law and Ben Coles21 September 2020 • 10:00pm

A small number of spectators are allowed into the Towbar Express Stadium

Cash-strapped lower league football clubs are running out of time CREDIT: PA
British sport was on the brink of financial implosion on Monday night after government forecasts of a devastating Covid-19 second wave raised fears that competitions and clubs would be folding within weeks.
The Premier League, Rugby Football Union and England and Wales Cricket Board are among more than 100 national and grass-roots governing bodies to sign a letter pleading with the Prime Minister for a major new bail-out as the pandemic tightens its grip again.
Cash-strapped lower league football clubs, meanwhile, told The Daily Telegraph they were running out of time in their bid for support from the top tier while Whitehall edges closer to introducing tough new curbs.
On another day of sporting setbacks, it also emerged that:
  • Leyton Orient’s televised Carabao Cup tie against Tottenham was called off on Monday night after a Covid outbreak involving seven players. There were fears that other matches could follow suit as infection rates increase.
  • The return of fans to all venues from Oct 1 looks doomed, with sports braced for six months behind closed doors or with minuscule crowds. Whitehall sources told The Telegraph the situation for the sector was “increasingly concerning”.
  • Girls’ and women’s football is at risk of being set back a decade, according to UK Coaching chief executive Mark Gannon, who insists action must be taken to ensure the number of coaches is not allowed to dwindle as clubs and facilities count the cost of lockdown.
  • Fears are mounting that competitive grass-roots sports could eventually be scaled back after Boris Johnson announces new lockdown rules on Tuesday.
Planned spectator pilots – including racing at Newmarket and the non-League finals at Wembley – appeared in most doubt on Monday night after senior government advisers Prof Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance laid the groundwork for a second lockdown. After warnings the UK could see 50,000 cases a day by mid-October, the Prime Minister is expected to set out new restrictions, which will impact upon sport, on Tuesday.

Ministers are already under mounting pressure from sport to match the support packages, totalling £1.57 billion, that have been received by the arts and restaurant sectors. The sporting sector, facing losses running into billions of pounds, has a workforce of more than 600,000. Many of the nation’s governing bodies signed a joint letter on Monday urging Johnson “to ring-fence funding for the recovery of the sports and activity sector – or risk fuelling physical inactivity and related illnesses for a generation”.

Good. Does this mean Football, Rugby and Cricket will return to sports where families can turn out for a tenner and see some good homegrown players paid sensible wages as opposed to the prima donnas and pansies noncing around for a fcuking fortune with stupid tarts in tow?

Sport on brink of financial collapse: Covid second wave raises fears clubs and competitions could fold within weeks
Over 100 national and grass-roots governing bodies have signed a letter pleading with the Prime Minister for a major new bail-out

ByTom Morgan ; Ben Rumsby ; Jeremy Wilson ; Matt Law and Ben Coles21 September 2020 • 10:00pm

A small number of spectators are allowed into the Towbar Express Stadium

Cash-strapped lower league football clubs are running out of time CREDIT: PA
British sport was on the brink of financial implosion on Monday night after government forecasts of a devastating Covid-19 second wave raised fears that competitions and clubs would be folding within weeks.
The Premier League, Rugby Football Union and England and Wales Cricket Board are among more than 100 national and grass-roots governing bodies to sign a letter pleading with the Prime Minister for a major new bail-out as the pandemic tightens its grip again.
Cash-strapped lower league football clubs, meanwhile, told The Daily Telegraph they were running out of time in their bid for support from the top tier while Whitehall edges closer to introducing tough new curbs.
On another day of sporting setbacks, it also emerged that:
  • Leyton Orient’s televised Carabao Cup tie against Tottenham was called off on Monday night after a Covid outbreak involving seven players. There were fears that other matches could follow suit as infection rates increase.
  • The return of fans to all venues from Oct 1 looks doomed, with sports braced for six months behind closed doors or with minuscule crowds. Whitehall sources told The Telegraph the situation for the sector was “increasingly concerning”.
  • Girls’ and women’s football is at risk of being set back a decade, according to UK Coaching chief executive Mark Gannon, who insists action must be taken to ensure the number of coaches is not allowed to dwindle as clubs and facilities count the cost of lockdown.
  • Fears are mounting that competitive grass-roots sports could eventually be scaled back after Boris Johnson announces new lockdown rules on Tuesday.
Planned spectator pilots – including racing at Newmarket and the non-League finals at Wembley – appeared in most doubt on Monday night after senior government advisers Prof Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance laid the groundwork for a second lockdown. After warnings the UK could see 50,000 cases a day by mid-October, the Prime Minister is expected to set out new restrictions, which will impact upon sport, on Tuesday.

Ministers are already under mounting pressure from sport to match the support packages, totalling £1.57 billion, that have been received by the arts and restaurant sectors. The sporting sector, facing losses running into billions of pounds, has a workforce of more than 600,000. Many of the nation’s governing bodies signed a joint letter on Monday urging Johnson “to ring-fence funding for the recovery of the sports and activity sector – or risk fuelling physical inactivity and related illnesses for a generation”.

Good. Does this mean Football, Rugby and Cricket will return to sports where families can turn out for a tenner and see some good homegrown players paid sensible wages as opposed to the prima donnas and pansies noncing around for a fcuking fortune with stupid tarts in tow?
I agree with the vast majority of the post though can I ask what is wrong with stupid tarts in tow? :-D

Can't recall if I 've posted this already but one thing that will most certainly be different is town/city centre office occupancy. I look at places around where I live and see office blocks that have been empty for years. There's absolutely no chance they will ever be used as offices now and the stock of such buildings is only going to grow.

Might some be converted to flats to help solve the housing crisis? Although if we deported the Roma scum that infest some parts of our towns and cities, that would be a good start on the housing crisis and reducing crime and the SS bill.

NSP

LE
Can't recall if I 've posted this already but one thing that will most certainly be different is town/city centre office occupancy. I look at places around where I live and see office blocks that have been empty for years. There's absolutely no chance they will ever be used as offices now and the stock of such buildings is only going to grow.

Might some be converted to flats to help solve the housing crisis? Although if we deported the Roma scum that infest some parts of our towns and cities, that would be a good start on the housing crisis and reducing crime and the SS bill.
The local rag had a big "new development, new jobs" splash feature on its front page last week.

It was for an office complex.

Someone somewhere is hopelessly optimistic...

The local rag had a big "new development, new jobs" splash feature on its front page last week.

It was for an office complex.

Someone somewhere is hopelessly optimistic...
It'll keep some builders in a job for a few weeks/months. Apart from that...

The Governor of the Bank of England is flying a kite - hinting that some furlough should be extended beyond October

Sunday Times past had an article implying that interest rates have a very good chance of going into negative territory

The branch of Barclays where I bank - opening hours 10:00 to 14:00 some shops have the same hours

Those companies that had employees working from home and then encouraged by the government to go back to the cites and office, will now be wondering if the future is working from home after all due to the current volte- face by Boris

Archie

Becham's mrs?

Yeah, cos she's only with him for the money.
David Beckham, who is one of the richest athletes in the world with a net worth of $450 million,

Victoria Beckham is clearly doing very well for herself. According to Celebrity Net Worth, she has a net worth of around $450 million

Slag Wag

Yeah, cos she's only with him for the money.
David Beckham, who is one of the richest athletes in the world with a net worth of $450 million,

Victoria Beckham is clearly doing very well for herself. According to Celebrity Net Worth, she has a net worth of around $450 million

Slag Wag

would you though?

NSP

LE
Seaman's Discharge Book.

Snigger.:hump::hump::highfive:
Snigger away. Visa-free entry to a lot of countries with a coastline where they would otherwise demand one, or provides ability to obtain one on arrival where otherwise not possible. Could be handy after December 31st...

Latest Threads